Home

Question thread

Sithmaster_821

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

I agree that creature training is really good, but with heavy weapons, range>everything else. The gungans have the best pummels thoough because they can be healed and because creature training is the only UT that affects them

Well wookiee art have +1 range with their forest vivion upgrade which isn't really considerable.

I only really use Heavy Weapons when executing a Siege on an enemy base (exept for AA Mobile - these are really handy earlier on, especially being a weak Air civ)

For skirmishes i use mostly DD, Mechs, Bounties & troops, but when it comes to siege on buildings - Heavy Weapons and Deployed Canons are great!

I have find some stats at

.www.rtscentral.com/readPosting.asp?PostingId=691466

I find that very useful:)

But I have not understand what is "MR": for example MR for mounted trooper is 1.35 and PA=3.

Another question: I recently have buy the clone campaigns, what do you think about the reduced bonus of bounty hunters vs jedi masters? Is the bounty hunter still the best unit vs jedi?

Thanks for any answer

Do trooper upgrades affect those troopers inside fortresses and turrets? I would assume not.

Sometimes, especially with weak-trooper civs, I only build troopers to fill up fortresses and turrets and don't send any out in my attack force. Is there any point to me upgrading the troopers, or is their attack from inside the fortress just the same whether they are a trooper recruit or a repeater trooper?

AFAIK the number of lasers that the building shoots is:

[(attack of garrisoned unit * rate of fire of garrisoned unit) / (building attack * rate of fire of building) * # units garrisoned] + 1

or something like that

so upgrading the attack of the garrisoned units should increase the number of lasers fired, as long as you aren't already at the maximum (4 extra for turrets IIRC)

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

Do trooper upgrades affect those troopers inside fortresses and turrets? I would assume not.

Sometimes, especially with weak-trooper civs, I only build troopers to fill up fortresses and turrets and don't send any out in my attack force. Is there any point to me upgrading the troopers, or is their attack from inside the fortress just the same whether they are a trooper recruit or a repeater trooper?

The TYPE of laser trooper can affect the rate of fire, though to be honest I think I only really see the jump when you go from a heavy to a repeater. Armour/damage upgrade made to troopers don't affect the armour of the turrets. However, I suggest upgrading them as much as possible anyway (no rush if you're well defended). If for some reason someone does manage to break through your defenses and wipe out your turret or fortress, it's much better to have a group for FU repeaters jump out than to have non-upgraded recruits...

Kryllith

Simwiz is right, it is the rate of fire that makes the jump from recruit to trooper and heavy to repeater seem so big. The equation is a bit off though (close but no cigar)

[(attack per second of garrisoned unit)*(# of that unit garrisoned)+(do the same thing as before for all different units in turret)]/(attack per second of turret) + 1

Okey-day everyone. I have a handful of related questions:

1. How many people play online via the Zone?

2. If you answered yes to the above question, would you be intrested in having a GB.com forum party like at HG (people from this board go in at a certain time and certain room and create private games all with the same password (gunship maybe?), and we all have a lot of fun)?

3. When (Time zone, time, day of the week) would be a good time for a forum party?

4. I know there was another thread like this but i think it is a good idea to post your ZN so we can connect zone members with forumers during the party.

I think this is a great way to breathe some life into a steadily slowing forum of a steadily slowing game. I would go back to SWGB and the Zone for this. Also an official seal from DMUK would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to post any comments or suggestions.

That's a great idea, Sith. I haven't actually played on the Zone, though I got to the stage where you select your game and everyone was having private games or newbie games or they didn't sound like good people to play with...

Anyway, it would be pretty cool to have a designated time to meet (make sure you specify in GMT or something) and since we all "know" each other here it could be quite fun.

It could be a regular thing - twice monthly or something.

Archived