Home

JediKnight II Fortress Idea Idea any takers in devlopment here?

RSOGray

Hello fellow mod central users

well it has to be done one day I'm just getting the ball rolling

as it goes im this moment mapping a clone of a classic maps from Fortress history and currently have made some friends who think this Idea could take off .

At the moment were looking for a full list of staff for all corners of the game and hope we can get a good responce from the jk2 related forums we post on.

if you have any skills you think could be Vital to our needs please contact me via email @ tug-gray@barrysworld.com

any one have any ideas about this just reply to the post

Thanks Every one R.S.O: Gray

hey i saw that fortress mod and i Don't like the way its set up as its more Starwars classes and too many to make a ballanced game i wasthinking of Keeping to the lines of normal Fortress and not adding extra classes just cos its Starwars just giving extra ablitys to selected classes

as fortress goes theres only 9 classes

1.recon

2.sniper

3.soldger

4.grennader

5.medic

6.minigunner

7.pyro

8.enginer

9.spy

NOT

10.sith

11.jedi

12.droid

13.rebble/stormtrooper

14.bounty hunters

these classes are not needed in Fortress :)

i was going to only include force powers with the guys such as medic = force heal player

spy = mind trick team/class

spy = mind trick invis/static

recon = speed boost

they are outheres but i shouldnt use them all in this forum as they could be Stolen :bdroid2:

its a little early to say theres already a fortress mod OUT cos by what i see it isn't & im trying to keep to my expectaions of this mod and keep it close to quake world fortress as possable

you lot may think just cos the outher guy has a website n some screenshots of a map the mod has been made well we will see ok

well if i can't get the Staff i hope they dont mess it up

i do think they need to rethink some of there OWN ideas cos it looks like a cross over between Counter strike, jediknight II & fortress

if they make the mod with all these EXTRAS they shouldnt call it jedi fortress as its not a fortress game its a team arena style JK2

maybe they need to look at quake fortress and try to cut it close to that not add extra stuff cos its starwars exsample "maybe a mobile repair droid for keeping your sentry working BLAH BLAH BLAH" or so on these Ideas will turn the idea of JK2 fortress in to something diffrent

also Fortress is based on BALLANCE and having sith/jedi classes will just make the game turn sour i hope you see where im coming from here

adding Miner extras such as snipers / recons can use force seeing to there advantages but only if they stay alive for so long or score the just amont of frags/caps with in one fraglife :)

maybe i should help them out with my ideas but i would just get turned away by the head strong devlopment team (always the way)

er.... isnt JK2 based on the quake3 engine? doesnt quake3arena already has a fortess mod? doesnt that mean that your ganna rip everything that's starwars and turn it back to quake3 (exept the weapons or r u ganna chage that 2?)?

sounds kinda..... nevermind

may the force be with you anyway

for a start making a fortress mod for a new quake engin based game will not just make a clone of the exsisting one for q3a

but make a fresh one useing the ablitys in jk2 and turning them to a fortress mod. just remeber not every one likes quake and not every one will go out n buy q3a for a mod thats free if you start a fortress style mod you stick to the guidlines of fortress but also stick to the jk2 guidlines too this isn't going to be a fortress mod with sabers you know.

jep your right on that jk2 is based on q3a but fortress runs on plain rules and is done via the ballance by each class and so on with jk2 you can do somethings that would need a compleat 600mb download to do as a mod for q3f jk2 gives the devlopment team a new base to work on sides from the improved code of jk2

also not all fortress clones are the same as you can say the q3f mod has 2 vertions beta 1 and beta 2 besides a fresh look beta 2 lacks some of the elements that made Beta 1 great my opinon on beta 2 is they whent more for looks and to get the mod more like outher fortress clones making it a true clone and not a fresh atempt at remaking the mod [i dont like beta 2 too much]

beta 2 took out some of the key elements of q3f and replaced them with an unballanced class formula making a few classes obsolet as they dont do what they should anymore

such as Recon has had speed downgrades and conc improvments making it 4 times slower and harder to control under a Conc effect this makes the game Slugish

minigunner has improved aim & speed making it more like the solder class

solders are faster & can bunnyhop faster then recons hafter a rocket jump also solders are more adapt making them the most picked class with in q3f2

if these formulas are to be applyed to JK2 we need to remeber to ballance them out just remeber you need ballance or its pointless

:lsduel:

Archived