Home

npc's are trying to shoot me through glass

Bell

You could write an ICARUS script and use SET_IGNOREENEMIES to have them just ignore you. Then turn it off when you're ready to have them notice you again.

Disclaimer: I'm pretty new to this and have had my head down in the ICARUS manual for about a week...and you know the old saying, when the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. So there might be a simpler/easier solution than a script, but that's the first thing that came to my mind.

The shooting through glass is an old problem that many games have...JK1 did too if memory serves. They seem to shoot when the have a clear line of sight to you. So their AI may not detect solid objects as blocking lines of sight but rather visibility.

Because of that i would think that an additional transparent brush wouldnt help but you never know.

yeah, would they see thru a caulk brush?

hehe java, that way would work too... hehe yeah i like that "old saying, when the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."

about the disappearing bodies thing, i dont know, but just how that works sounds like itd be a code thing; the only thing i can think of is try to find if npcs can carry items, cuz you know imps with keys cant be pushed off ledges and their bodies dont dissapear; but like said its pretty likely in code

ya i guess i'll have to script around it. a cin starts as he is looking through the window and of coarse you can't hear him talk cuz of the big racket going on lol. i guess i'll have to put those bodies in myself too; maybe the player won't notice they are not in exactly the same position they fell when he killed em.

can i give the npc's on the other side of the window a team name and just affect the team with one line of script? that wouldn't be too bad.

Archived