Home

Hey DMUK!

pbguy1211

In another thread you said there was a post or a thread or something about the strategies of the t3 strike mech rush and how you should only use certain upgrades to reach that point... but you never got that specific link up. i was wondering if you could be a pal and post that here for me.

thanks bro

Go heavy on carbon, and get only enough nova to get you to tech three. Build a modest t2 army of only troopers to fend off rushers but wont bog down your econ. Make sure a mech afctory is one of your t2 buildings. If you have extra food, do the blaster pack techs, they help your troops and your coming mechs. Once you hit t3 (you should get there about a minute or so faster than your opponent), pump out about three strike mechs and attack your opponent. Hit and run and keep sending strike mechs. get his carbon workers first, then circle the command center to find nova and ore workers, also any farmers/hunters that are gathering by a processor. This is hard to counter, especially in t2, and the chances are even if it does fail, his econ is in such bad shape, you can easily bring down a pummel or two and take him out.

This is my favirote strat :) Fastest i've done is 17 mins with 8 strike mechs.

The best civs for this strat is Wookies because of the carbon bonus.

At start of the game que up your four workers build 2 houses start your food collection (berrys, nerfs, dewback luring etc). Research basic training. Try and keep a constant worker flow throughout tech one. If there are no nerfs get 12 on food, 12 - 14 on carbon and 2 on nova (1 on nova if you're Confeds). Should hit T2 at around 12 mins. Que a worker and use 3 of your carbon gatherers to a mech factory and a war centre. Then click T3. On the way to T3 build another Mech factory, build a power core, build another carbon centre, research armour upgrade and get the carbon upgrade at carbon centre. When you hit T3 make Strike mechs in both mech factories, keep workers coming and get any upgrade in the right side of the War Centre.

Attack there carbon gatherers to stop them building mech destroyers. If they start making Mech destroyers put up a Troop centre and build some grenaders and make some of your own mech destroyers. If you have them in a good position use some workers to build a Heavy weapons factory by there base and send a power droid and assist mechs with pummels.

This is just a guideline some maps you wont be able to strike mech rush, some times you will need less on food because of nerfs and sometimes you might get rushed but this is a preety good stratrgy that has won me many Inter+++ games.

No need to build troopers if you are going fast T3 unless you use them too attack. There is no point in just keeping a unit in your base for defence. Use them to attack. Fighting is opponents base is 10 times better than fighting in your base.

If we are both going for Strike mech rushes but you build 5 troopers in your base for defence you will have spent 160c on Troop centre, 175c/125f on troopers and 100f on trooper upgrade. If you leave them in my base ill t3 a good 2 mins before you and kill the 5 troopers easily and then get your econ and you'll be dead.

If you build the troop centre and troopers and attack me at around 12 - 14 mins and kill some workers then we will both T3 at the same time. Maybe you faster if you did well with the rush.

Before a game you need to decide on which strat wether it's fast T3 and strikes or t2 and troopers and follow up with strike mechs.

The main point of this posts is never leave units in your base for defence! use them to attack your opponent. [cliche]The best form of defence is offence[/cliche].

As for the upgrades to get. Get them after you click the T3 button. Get carbon asap and then farms are less important. In the war center get the armour uprgades then the Range/Attack and then the attack ones. If ever you can't afford to build a Strike mech just build a scout. With war centre upgrades they are preety tough.

Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

What happens if he does a fast t2 rush? I always have safety nets, even if they slow me down.

You don't do a fast t3 in a Randon Land map 1v1 2 player map. You tech 2 rush. Or if you can effectivley wall in the only entrance like using houses to wall in the shallows on rivers, pericipe etc.

In 3v3 or 4v4 on Rand Land Map where you are pocket you do fast t3's. By pocket i mean in between 2 players. In this case the chance of getting rushed is around 5% and even if you are pocket rushed it will be slow so you can defend it (unless your playing someone better than you.)

If you think you're going to be pocket rushed or if you don't think you're going to be rushed and your flank(next to an enemy and ally) then you can build a troop centre and a power core but no troopers.

Archived