Home

EasyGen- Made map wont BSP.

Shadyz

Hello, I was recently pointed toward Easygen to create rocky landscape. Problem is after I export map in EasyGen as a .map and after I save it in JK2 radiant - Attempt to laod in SP mode and it doesnt so I check the paklogs and they say this:

Searching for PK3s in c:/progra~1/lucasa~1/starwa~1/gamedata//base

Found PK3 c:/progra~1/lucasa~1/starwa~1/gamedata//base/assets1.pk3

Found PK3 c:/progra~1/lucasa~1/starwa~1/gamedata//base/assets0.pk3

Found PK3 c:/progra~1/lucasa~1/starwa~1/gamedata//base/mapextras.pk3

PK3 failed on c:/progra~1/lucasa~1/starwa~1/gamedata//base/maps/genosian.bsp

---------------------------

PAK failed on C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\textures/yavin/waterfall.tga

PAK failed on c:\progra~1\lucasa~1\starwa~1\gamedata\\base\textures/yavin/waterfall.jpg

PAK failed on C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\textures/yavin/water1.tga

PAK failed on C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\textures/arena/darkwall.tga

PAK failed on C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\textures/arena/sandtop.tga

PAK failed on C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\textures/arena/reg_walls.tga

PAK failed on C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\textures/arena/wall1.tga

PAK failed on C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\textures/arena/bigpillar.tga

PAK failed on C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\textures/arena/conetop.tga

PAK failed on C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\textures/skies/bespin.tga

PAK failed on c:\progra~1\lucasa~1\starwa~1\gamedata\\base\textures/skies/bespin.jpg

PAK failed on C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\textures/skies/sky.tga

PAK failed on C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\textures/arena/pillar.tga

PAK failed on C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\textures/bespin/sky_platform.tga

PAK failed on c:\progra~1\lucasa~1\starwa~1\gamedata\\base\textures/bespin/sky_platform.jpg

PAK failed on C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\textures/skies/sky.tga

PAK failed on C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\textures/arena/sand.tga

I see the textures arent saving I think it may be because of the info i first put into the EasyGen Preferences

[general]

GameBasePath=c:\program files\lucasarts\star wars jk ii jedi outcast\gamedata\base

BmpImportBasePath=c:\program files\lucasarts\star wars jk ii jedi outcast\gamedata\base\textures

BmpExportBasePath=c:\program files\lucasarts\star wars jk ii jedi outcast\gamedata\base\textures

TextureFilterExt=jpg;tga

PlayerSize=64 32 56

BackgroundColor3D=0 255 255

OverlayFrameColor3D=255 255 255

OverlayFrameTransparency3D=64

OverlayFrameAAS3D=1

Fov=100

Undo=4

SlopeMax=45

SteepTriangleColor=255 255 0

FlatTriangleColor=229 0 0

ExcludedTriangleColor=204 0 204

IsQuake3=0

WorldShadersIgnore=common/clip;common/hint;common/areaportal;common/clusterportal

If anyone can help please do. This map is looking real good with the new EasyGen landscape.

here's what you do..

in Radiant, select your terrain mesh, and then hit the N key. Now, this may take a few minutes depending on how big your terrain is and how many other programs your running at the same time...*cough cough

when the N key menu pops up, DELETE every tag except Func-group. This will make the terrain compile... :)

P.S.

Don't ask about alphamaps and blended textures for your terrain, we havn't figured it out yet....:)

Hers a shot of mine - It works! Any way i can get rid of those black lines all around it? Anyway take a peek. The mountain terrain aint to high so I will redo it in Easygen with 3 levels like the movie. Hopefully it will come out good. Seems kyle runs and shoots at same pace so FPS aint too bad.

top2.JPG

oh hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Max brush limit is like 32,000 or there abouts....

I made a rather large terrain and it only had about 8,000 brushes or so..

what you need to do is either

A.. break this up into multiple maps

B... Make your terrain smaller or use less divisions....

I wanted a big terrain mesh, but, figured that a better, sharper, smaller one was alot better than a huge shoddy looking one.

In my level, I am starting out with a cutscene of Kyle ( or whoever I change him to) on a snowy meadow. the conclusions drawn is that Kyle ( or whoever I change him to ) had just came over the snowy hill.... this way, I can cut the number of brushes, and then increase divisions to make my terrain appear more realistic.

but if you need a larger terrain for what you are doing, you may have to break it up into a few maps, much like in Return to Castle Wolfenstein....the levels leading up to the rocketbase...

Yea i though tso LOL - I was wondering why it took so long to BSP lmao

I figured how to decrease it. etc. So its down and its actually fast for such a huge map. Ill take a screen today. I think some of you will like it. ALl I need to add is the polls around arena and the dooku box section and the big arena door. This will only have 1 big arena door instead of three And I am unsure if I should add big spherical shaped mountains as this would increase size. I think it looks pretty good as is. Stayed tuned. :D

Any ideas for music during the level?

Well I still cant take screenshot cause another error came up what does this mean? PLEASE help!! :D

NumPoints (89) exceed MAX_POINTS_ON_WINDING (64). Sample points: (5440.00 3264.00 2496.00) (4288.00 3264.00 -64.00) (3008.00 3264.00 -64.00)

Also my map for somereason is REAL bright any reasons for that?

For sme reason my screenshots are darker thean actual game play but during game my sky is dark and the map is straight yellow.

http://ult-enterprise.com/images/3d/arenashot.gif

"Bespin/sky_platform texture" ?

I didn't know that sky shader is a default one. Is it ?

You should use the shaders name in sky.shader(or skies.shader maybe) like skies/bespin, skies/yavin, skies/kejim, skies/kejim_light as textures of your skybox.

You can texture only inside of the skybox as well if you want.

Archived