Home

Custom Taunts

FOXKX

Can anyone tell me how to go about changing taunts for a skin, instead of using the default taunt....... also can i record my own taunt, save it as a wav and just drop it into a file somewhere??

or something like that, cause i looked in one of the asset files and found some interesting taunts and sayings that come with the game, but they are not used.......can i use them??

they are in wav format and i can copy them........id like to know if/how to use them..

MUCH APPRECIATED :)

i'll use the example that you are trying to give kyle a reborn laughing taunt.

open the assets0.pk3 and extract the sound file you want to use.

it should extract with all the folder names in the right place like sound/chars/reborn/misc

change the sound file to taunt1 (mp3 or wav)

rename the reborn folder to kyle (sound/chars/kyle/misc)

zip it back up from the sound folder, rename the .zip to .pk3 and pop it into your base folder and you're done.

I have my own taunt I use which I took from some movie and edited it to "I have come here to kick ass" it was "I have come here to chew bubble-gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble-gum" but that was too long :)

I've also replaced the gun changing sounds to taunts. When I select the rocket launcher I have clint eastwood saying "anyman don't want to get killed, better head on out the back" :) it's easy enough to do.

Peloquin...

I tried to make the pk3 file like you said it, but once i had done it.., and dropped the newly made pk3 in the base folder...... nothing happens, it just stays as the same taunt.

does the name of the folder have to be the new name of the skin

eg. sound/chars/evil-lando/misc, because that is what the default_model_evil-lando.skin file is called......and does it matter what you call the PK3??

are you right clicking on the extracted sound folder and selecting to winzip it......can u go through that process better for me plz...

Can u give me more detailed instructions on making the pk3 plz?

THX ;P

Hi Javaguy....

Can u give me detailed instructions on making the taunt...... ive tried what other ppl have said, but its not working...

I need to know how to add this new taunt i made to my skin i made...

This is what i did to make skin

When i extracted the all lando files from assets0, it makes a dir in the base folder like this (models/players/lando), i have altered the images i want and saved them as evil_lando in the (lando) folder. So i have the old lando and the new ones in the same folder.

The skin works this way, but i tried making an evil_lando folder in the (players) folder, and took all the evil_lando stuff and dropped it in there. The skin wont work when i do this.....

Now when i was trying to add taunt

Ill go through what i was doing, i found a couple of sounds in Assets1(or 2), then extracted them, it made this path in base dir (sound/char/lando/misc). Then i mixed both of them into one mp3... then i put it back where it was, still as an mp3. I renamed the name folder to (sound/chars/evil_lando/misc), evil_lando is my skin name, and the name of the default skin file.Should the evil_lando folder be called something else....lando still perhaps?? (But like i said i cant make an evil_lando folder for the skin , cause then the skin dont work.... im guessing this is somehow the reason it dont work)

Then i right click on the sound folder, go down to 'Winzip', there is a popout menu, so i click on 'Add to zip file'.There is also the option to 'Add to sound.zip'

When i do the 'Add to zip file' option, it opens winzip and an ADD dialogue box comes up to. I click on ADD, and its puts 'taunt2.mp3' in there (taunt2.mp3 is the name on my new taunt) with the path 'sound/chars/evil_lando/misc'. I then rename it to a pk3(oh what should i call the pk3? i have been renaming it to 'taunt2' and 'evil_lando'..??). then its left in the base folder(do i need to put this pk3 in the folder with the skin?), then i start up jedi, go to create server, turn pure server to 'no', so my skin will be there. But it is still the normal taunt.

Can you help me get through this PLZ!!!!!!!!????????

THX:confused:

If you reskinned Lando, try calling it lando_evil instead of evil_lando. You want the name to start with whatever you reskinned to make it. That goes for the spawn name, the folder name, the works. It's case-sensitive too, the "lando" part needs to be all lowercase. When I was first trying to make a Reborn into a Jawa I called it RebornJawa, and it didn't work at all. When I renamed it to rebornjawa it worked fine.

I recommend using Pakscape for your PK3s:

http://www.dafront.com/~nemesis/pakscapetut.htm

Hope this helps.

Archived