Home

Still Lag...

00M-187

I dont get it. I just bought a new Nvidia Geforce 4 ti 128, I have 228 mb ram, 450 mhz cpu and ADSL. I hosted a game with 4 players on the Temple tournament map and it was lag city. No bad pings. I dont get it. I was running at high settings @ 1280 x 1024. Does anyone know why im laggin and what I can do to make it better? Do I need a new CPU? Also im running 2k server (with minimal services running) so its basically 2k pro.

WTF!

The recommended system requirements for this game I've found to be a bit misleading. A cpu of p3 700mhz or better is what I recommend. I first ran this game on my older machine which was a p2 450 with mmx cartridge processor, 320 mb ram, cable modem and a Voodoo 5 5500 64mb vid card. Now according to the system requirements, I was just above the minimum in some areas. JK2 ran like crap. I had to download the WickedGL software to play it more smoothly and this was on limited settings. Running the game with the specs you laid out on high settings is just asking for trouble. In fact I'm surprised all you got was lag and there were no lock-ups.

Archived