Home

Is JPB worth my money?

Guest Kurgan

I didn't say it was the worst SW game ever.. I think there were some that were worse, but it is definately the worst Episode I based game ever made (IMHO).

Kurgan

Guest Qui-Gon Jeff

Pedro I think it's a dope game I would buy it... If I didn't already have it.

------------------

"Be warey I sense a disturbance in the Force" beckymroczkowski.jpg

• 3 months later...

TPM was not fun for me. The conversational system was flawed because you could take a dialogue tree that ignores the important questions (like a door's password) and you could still go through the rest of the game unhindered (somehow you knew the password even though nobody told you). The lightsaber (although powerful and somewhat useful with blocking) was never leaps and bounds above the other weaponry so I never felt like Quigon was a god and Panaka was a weakling. In fact I remember Quigon never got a decent gun. The Otah Gunga level I don't understand the logic of. (Gungans apparently have to be force pushed instead of having a diplomatic approach) and the Tatooine trading level was so boring it was painful. The battle with Maul was uninspired. In JPB you had more control of the saber and it felt a lot better but I wish it required less then frequent button pushing and more strategic hit and block. Conclusion both games are bad. Star wars games have a habit of sucking these days. What happened to X-Wing and Tie Fighter? The new version had nothing worth mention. Where are our graphic and engine overhauls? Where are our myriad of new features? These things are past us now. I hope Obi-wan will be decent but I am not impressed yet.

Save your money for Obi-Wan, and if Obi-Wan ends up disapointing, by that time JPB DC will be super cheap and you can get it for next to nothing...

Kurgan

Hmm, I think being able to force push several enemies down at once and being able to do rolls and block shots qualifies one as a step above the weaklings like Padme who have "stun" guns and Panaka who is just a bit too slow for my taste.

Anyhow, the way I'd play the game is just consider myself having four "characters" that I can switch to at will. If one sucks, I pick the best one for the job. Maybe it's cheating, but it's more fun for me that way.

Kurgan

I still maintain that there is not enough speed difference to make much of a difference. Switching at will would be nice cuz there are no cool guns on Qui-Gon's level and Obi-Wan gets all the cool stuff. Panaka has better weapons than Qui-Gon ever had. A repeating blaster is more effective then a force push and it's ammo is fairly plentiful. I see what point you are trying to make but I do not agree with it. Anyway the character switching is a better approach but then you should be rewarded for playing as each character.

Archived