Home

JK2 Modeling/Compiling Addendum

MacD

I know a forum has to be cleaned out, but I saw some questions which had been answered in your "read this before you ask" sticky, either by links or thru tuts.

So here's mine again...basically a "I modeled something and all I got was a bunch of errors" or "what Spacemonkey didn't tell you" document, with lots of usefull info I learned when I made a model:

click me

Anyone with more links to jk2 help sites or tuts should put them here, too...make it easy on the new people :)

Would any of these tips relate to saber hilt compiling as well? I know the spaces in the path name works for MD3view, but what about using TGAs for exporting the glm? I keep getting a "can't find /models/weapons2/saber/saber.jpg error and it's driving me crazy. I don't know why. I've helped others adjust their custom sabers and everything worked just fine. Maybe my image size is too large (512x512)?

:o Oops! Well, I just saw a lot of the old questions resurface, and all of the links/posts which had been in that sticky were missing (didn't really read, sorry :o )...oh, well, all's well that ends well :)

BTW, where's all tyhe old stuff gone? There used to be a number of sites devoted to carcassimilate and general JO modeling. If that's still out there, pass it on! Link it down here and send a pm to Kman with the info!

Archived