• Galactic Empire
    • Galactic Republic
    • Rebel Alliance
    • Royal Naboo
    • Confederacy of Independent Systems
    • Gungans
    • Wookies
    • Trade Federation

I think Galactic Battlegrounds is a really good game, at least...it is for me, cauz I am a crazy Starwars Fan.

However, this game can be more popular if Lucasarts had the right marketing strategy...i mean...look:

at the E3 last year, microsoft is displaying their new AOM, and Lucasarts is displaying Galactic Battlegrounds, isn't that...kind awkward?

The past Lucasarts Strategy games were failures, for example: Force Commander. The game lacks a convenient interface and gameplay potential.

Having Starwars as the theme is a really really big advantage, however....they just don't seem to know how to make successful strategy games, even when they coop with other companies, they are way too slow in terms of marketing strategy.

I think we should think about how we want next version of Galactic Battlegroudns (or whatever strategy game it is) to be. I think Empire Earth's airplane control is really cool, and it has really good balance between big units (carriers) and small units (infantry). It's a possibility for Star Destroyers to appear in the game. We should start to think about it. And maybe sometime later we can compile our suggestions and send it to the programmers....

anywayz, lucasarts rox, no matter what.

Archived