Home

Which is the best mod pack to DL/use?

Acer Palmatum

Hi all,

I've seen a lot of feedback, good and bad, regarding all to the JediMod and JediPLUS mod packs. I was wondering which is in the general consensus the best pack with the least glitches? I'd assume that it would be the one that is currently most widely used.

Anyway, I'd be happy to hear some opinions before I try to find a DL server that actually works and doesn't jam up while DLing... ;)

So, which one is the most commonly used mod pack? Why choose that one above the others?

Thanks for your input,

Hmm... 40 page views and no replies. Let me be a bit more specific. :)

Which of these is more accepted and in the most common use:

JediMod 1.0

JediMod 1.1

JediMod 1.2

JediMod 2.2

JediMod 3.0

JediMod ?.?

JediPLUS 3.3

JediPLUS 3.4

JediPLUS 3.5

JediPLUS ?.?

Is there another generally used mod pack series I am missing?

Thanks. :)

It really just depends on what you're looking for. If you're after a more role-playing experience where you can customize what your player looks like a great deal, then jedimod's probably your best bet. jediPlus is an amalgamation of a lot of different mods, including the jetpack and grapple mods. My own ProMod is more for people who are after depth of gameplay. Jk2++ is a favorite of the CTF crowd.

You can download all of these from jediknightii.net, and probably jk2files.com.

Originally posted by Acer Palmatum

Hmm... 40 page views and no replies. Let me be a bit more specific. :)

Which of these is more accepted and in the most common use:

JediMod 1.0

JediMod 1.1

JediMod 1.2

JediMod 2.2

JediMod 3.0

JediMod ?.?

JediPLUS 3.3

JediPLUS 3.4

JediPLUS 3.5

JediPLUS ?.?

Is there another generally used mod pack series I am missing?

Thanks. :)

JediMod 1.2 was the end of Dest's JediMod series. JediMod 2.2-whatever is actually JediPlus, it was misnamed and caused a lot of confusion.

I perfer Promod, but there seems alot of people who like JediPlus, alough I've never tried it, and there seems to be a rather large controversy brewing about JediPlus concerning security issues. I'd probly stay away from it for now.

Forcemod is also really shaping up to be a solid modification, many Jedi vs Merc servers use this mod as it includes a Jetpack and a grapple as well as higher lvl force powers. Their next release includes some substantial changes.

I guess I'm the odd man out here, but I think that using mods makes you a weaker player. I will admit, mods that use the jetpack and duel sabers or whatever can be fun, but the majority of the community plays without mods - and if you're using them a lot, you're used to things like faster swing speeds, blocking (more often or less often depending on the mod), etc. So when you go to play the real unmoded game you get hammered.

Also, until new animations are a reality, duel sabers and lightstaff especially look retarded. I mean, with the current animations, the lightstaff would cut the wielder's body in half. It just looks stupid to me, but again, I think i'm the odd man out on this subject...

-Anakin

Archived