Home

Trouble With My Skin!!!!!

silverskull_86

• 2 weeks later...

If you like to, just send it to me, and I will fix your problem. I bet its a very simple problem . Tried to make a new icon_default.jpg (size 256x256 pixels) already? Even if you have one... Just delete the old, and make a new one. As stupid as this may sound... In my case i fixed my "Skin not choseable"-Problem with this simple trick 2 Times for now.

But first of all just try out, if you can get your skin in game by chosing it in the game console.

Just open the console and enter following line (without "") :

model "modelname"

If your skin will be selected as player skin after this,then it really is just a "icon_default.jpeg" - fault .

If you still have problems then... Just contact me ;)

Greetz

• 3 weeks later...

When people first making skins have problems finding them in game it is usually one of two things going wrong.

1. Incorrect file/folder names

-be sure you edited the model_default.skin file

-be sure your folder names match the .skin file's contents

-open your pk3, make sure the first level of folders in it is "models" i.e. make sure the directory structure matches working pk3s

-a lot of people have been naming their files model_default_blah.skin and icon_default_blah.jpg, they should be named model_default.skin and icon_default.jpg.

2. Poorly Compressed Files.

-Use Pakscape or Winzip to make pk3s. Using WinRAR or WinAce will result in faulty files. Frequently.

If your problem is not either of these, but you are still having a problem, mail me at

azmo@omniclan.com

and I'll help you out.

Azmo[OmNi]

Archived