Home

LAMM - Thieves ?

JumpinJedi

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to bring something to your attention.

A clan, Look at my monkey! ( http://www.lookatmymonkey.com ), has in a way STOLEN a map which I made.

I made this map as a gift to LAMM, as I was friends with a few members. Recently, I saw on the site that credit was given to their official mapper, Ami Goldenberg AKA DaMaGe. I went to their server and asked the leader of the clan AND their webmaster to give me credit. They refused, gave me minor abuse and kicked me from the server.

So I come here to tell you of this theft, and I would like to hear opinions.

Thanks,

JumpinJedi

Hey JumpinJedi, I wouldnt complain too much, because here is an official quote from the Downloaded Map file Readme text, and I think it KIND OF speaks for itself

Title : Look at My Monkey!

Dueling Grounds Author : [LAMM]JumpinJedi

Date of creation : 18th September, 2002

Installation : Extract the PK3 into your Base folder

Additional Notes : LOOK AT MY MONKEY !

Thanks: LAMM, Damage, Eclipse, Maciek, and the Others, you know who you are !

I think the Readme file speaks louder than any website. So, Apparently, they are giving you credit, though they mention you being in the clan according to that extract from the readme.txt file.

Anyone with a little self-respect wouldn't tolerate being signed under other people's work. I stand behind everything I do and wouldn't want to get in situation when I'd have to defend someone else's work. BTW, do we get paid for this??? Is that really so important?

Reply to Andy867: readme file is made by author itself I guess, so it's normal he is signed as said author in said readme file. The problem accurs when third party distributes or uses map with incorrect data about author.

Originally posted by Andy867

Apparently, they are giving you credit, though they mention you being in the clan according to that extract from the readme.txt file.

that's because he used to be in LAMM, then he left. plain and simple.

the website has been updated, so let's put this issue to rest, please.

Archived