Off Topic: Games You Hate

Guest the13thJedi

Guest Acid_Rain327

Jedi Power Battles.

Superman64.

All this Pokemon s**t.

[This message has been edited by Acid_Rain327 (edited July 24, 2000).]

Guest Darth Wart

Over the past 6 months, only three games were so awful and/or impossible that I had to return them (thank God for Electronic Boutique's 10-day return policy!):

1. Driver for PSX

2. Crash Team Racing for PSX

3. Diablo II (no in-game save!)

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Get your free JPB guide at:

http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Actually, Darth Wart, I think CTR is a pretty good game.

Did you ever play that MP? When a friend of mine comes over, the 2 of us like to set the weapons in the battle mode to shields and 3-packs of missiles only.

That's one of the reasons Demolition looks so cool, BTW. It's nothing but battle mode!

------------------

Feel free to visit my Fan Site:

http://fan.starwars.com/MarkenobisSite/HomeScreen.html

Guest the13thJedi

Give me a break Markenobi.... you really think this Demolition game is gonna be worth the plastic they make it on?

BTW, I posted this thread for listing bad games, Not ranting about how good they're gonna be. Why don't you wait until it comes out before you start babbling on about how good it is?

------------------

select_one.jpg

[This message has been edited by the13thJedi (edited July 24, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by the13thJedi (edited July 24, 2000).]

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Yeesh, what do you want him to do, the13thJedi, start a whole new topic defending Demolition? Of course, you'd probably complain about that as well.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

New! The Council of Jedi is now operational!

http://pub19.ezboard.com/bthecouncilofjedi

JediKanigget.com, Star Wars news and media. http://jedikanigget.homestead.com/JediKanigget.html

Darth Wart's strategy guide in an easy to use form. http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Hannibal

You do seem to be complaining about everything lately the13thjedi. You need to relax. Relaxxxxxxxxxxx. Be calm.

Oh yeah and Diablo II was just ok for all the hooplah. I'll admit I was on the Diablo II bandwagon. But it's nothing more than a overhyped, glorified 50 dollar add-on. Oh yeah and the bosses were too easy to beat. I didn't die till the fourth act. The cow level was impossible (hilarious though).

------------------

Man Eating Vice President of the Un-Council

Meet my temporary bodygard, they call him Orange-Karate Guy Thingy

wushu_small_ani.gif

"Death to the dead!"

2 words (on the suckie games): smack down.(wwf). what a waste of money!!!

------------------

duel3.gif "You want to wrastle me Lawler? Wrastle me?!? Is that how they talk in Memphis Tennesse?" -Andy Kauffmaun

Guest RogueOne

One word for bad games: Poke'mon, or Poke'man, or Poke'woman, or Poke'whatever. I hate it!

------------------

dmaul.jpg

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge.

Guest the13thJedi

Originally posted by Jedi Kanigget:

Yeesh, what do you want him to do, the13thJedi, start a whole new topic defending Demolition? Of course, you'd probably complain about that as well.

I'm just sick of bad games.

I'll believe that Demolition is good when I've played it and know for myslef. Until then, I don't even want to think about it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about things, but, I remember when what Markenobi said about Demolition was being said about JPB. It just doesn't make any sense to hype a game you know nothing about 'cause thats when you usually end up getting burned.

If he wants to, Mark can post a topic about said game, I just won't read it. I'd prefer to just wait until the game comes out and see it for myself. At this point though, the game really doesn't seem like it can be that great. The game's actual engine doesn't offer anything new beacause it was already used on numerous games. And as far as offering anything new other than SW combat, I haven't seen anything that would make it any different from just being another Twisted Metal clone. Again, I'm not trying to be sour about it, but the whole idea just seems really stale.

I apologize if I offend some members, but this is how I feel. There have been too many games that have looked great, but then just turn out to be the developers way of making a quick buck.

------------------

select_one.jpg

Guest Jedi Kanigget

That's not the point, the13thJedi. The point is you ridiculed him for defending the game on a topic for "Games You Hate". You've ridiculed others in the past for changing the subject slightly on threads you have started. I couldn't care less if you are wary of LucasArts games, if Markenobi is looking forward to the game, let him. He has just as much right to voice his opinion as you do.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

JediKanigget.com, Star Wars news and media. http://jedikanigget.homestead.com/JediKanigget.html

Darth Wart's strategy guide in an easy to use form. http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kanigget (edited July 25, 2000).]

Guest ihatecrosswinds

How could you return Diablo II? No in-game save? Hit the escape key, then click "Save and Exit". That's all there is to it.

I'll agree that it didn't quite live up to the hype, but you've got to admit that there was an AWFUL LOT of hype for this game. That said, it's still an amazing game. I'm so addicted to it, I've had to quit smoking (I can only handle one addiction at a time).

------------------

banner_.jpg

Guest the13thJedi

I'm not saying he doesn't. He can if he wants to. It isn't a bad thing to have enthusiasm about a game, but I think that its best for anyone (and eyeryone) to try not to get their hopes up to high until they have had a little time with the game first hand. No one likes to get burned.

On another subject, I don't recall aiming my ridicule specifically at him. I did aim it at the game though. And I did object to some of the off-topic discussion when I first came here, but that was because I was a little unaware of how this forum dealt with that type of thing.

I do realize that there are people that are looking forward to the game, but I suppose I'm just having a hard time figuring out why.

This is just my opinion again, but the game just doesn't seem to hold much promise. It's using an old engine that has already been done to death with games of the genre (i.e, Twisted Metal Series, Rogue Trip, Vigilante 8 series, etc.) And the only new innovations it seems to offer is the Star Wars integration. Unfortunately, unless it's top notch, the game just won't have much of an impact on gamers that they haven't already seen. Granted people like Markenobi may disagree with me, but why would you want to play a game that, in essence, you've already played. That's what I don't get.

So, Yes, You're right Kanigget, He does have any right to express his enthusiasm over Demolition. Thats his choosing and from now on I'll try to "lighten" up. But, I must say that I think you're wording towards my reactions may is inaccurate. I did not ridicule him or any others (except maybe Joe Joe and this Insider Guy) and I do take slight offense to that statement. I DID ridicule the game though. But that is just because I think it will just end up being another "Me Too" game designed to make money (at least to a few people at LucasArts.)

Once again, This is how I feel. You can disagree, but I'll stand by my word. But, that doesn't mean I won't apologize.

So I'm sorry if I pissed anybody off....

It might happen again, but I'll try to tone it down biggrin.gif

the13thjedi

BTW, you can just type 13thjedi, cuase unless it's used as a title, it just doesn't sound right.

------------------

select_one.jpg

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Originally posted by the13thJedi:

Give me a break Markenobi.... you really think this Demolition game is gonna be worth the plastic they make it on?

BTW, I posted this thread for listing bad games, Not ranting about how good they're gonna be. Why don't you wait until it comes out before you start babbling on about how good it is?

This isn't ridicule? "Ranting" and "babbling", sounds like ridicule to me. And it seems directed toward Markenobi.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kanigget (edited July 25, 2000).]

That's OK, 13thJedi, I understand.

This is just to clarify something:

Originally posted by the13thJedi:

(i.e, Twisted Metal Series, Rogue Trip, Vigilante 8 series, etc.) ...why would you want to play a game that, in essence, you've already played.

I haven't played any of those games: I am (or will be) a newcomer to this genre of games.

OK, I think that we can end the Demolition discussion here. Back to the thread topic!

------------------

Feel free to visit my Fan Site:

http://fan.starwars.com/MarkenobisSite/HomeScreen.html

[This message has been edited by Markenobi (edited July 25, 2000).]

Guest the13thJedi

Kanigget, I already apoloized. If you keep this crap up your gonna piss me off. I said I was sorry, So just LET IT GO! Besides, I doubt that you've never ridiculed anyone at some point or another in your life.

As the old saying goes "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

------------------

select_one.jpg

[This message has been edited by the13thJedi (edited July 26, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by the13thJedi (edited July 26, 2000).]

Guest Acid_Rain327

Ok, let's see here...

First off, I agree with everything the13thjedi has said thus far. He's an avid gamer, but sees the faults and darker side of programming, if you will.

Actually, he and I seem to have a lot in common.

Second, no offense Kanigget, but this need to be a constant peacekeeper is out of place. Not that I don't respect and appreciate the effort, as does everyone here, but you're misinterpreting posts and defending people who don't need to be defended, then persecuting those you misunderstood.

And finally, Markenobi, I suggest you rent the games the13thjedi named off which use the same engine as Demolition. Then, you will have a basic idea of what to expect, and know if you even like the gameplay.

Guest Wolverine

I can think of one... Jedi Knight. No just kidding, umm.... I didn't like Force Commander that much, but I sure as heck liked Rebellion... Superman 64 was also a pretty bad game, maybe because they changed the concept of what it was gonna be like (going around the city, then something happens and you have to stop whatever is happening... Like what superman does, but no they changed it to this virtual crap.... A real let down...

Guest Acid_Rain327

Media: What's with all the fog? Can't the programmers reduce that for the better?

Titus: Oh...that's Kryptonite fog. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Archived