Home

g_saberghoul2collision screwed up in every mod!

NITEMARE

i have created a thread about this in the dedicated server forum but that's only because there are admins. here are the coders who can tell me if there is something we can do about it.

the problem is the ghoul2 code. it seems to be a major difference between basejk (patch 1.04) and the one in the source code! i messed around with it because people were demanding this feature turned on since saber combat lacks accuracy and has some bugs on my servers(running Duel_SE). but after turning on g_saberghoul2collision everything got worse. it blocks way to much and it bounces of sabers during a strike, making every attack useless on an idle standing player, even if he has bluestance selected (which should not block red stance). on basejk servers everything works fine with g_saberghoul2collision. however after just some brief testing session i can't tell if the combat system is actually better but it seems more accurate and stable. so i suppose raven owes us a proper source code or we could look for fixes in the ghoul2 code. this feature should improve duels and not screw them up. mabe i'm wrong and this issue can be solved with some cvars and i don't know it. so anybody who knows a server running a mod (no matter which one) and has ghoul2 turned on working like in basejk please tell me!

I've never noticed any difference in the behavior of the ghoul2saber collision in mods vs. basejk. Unless you do some solid scientific testing all this is really just speculation. I don't see any reason for Raven to change the ghoul2collision system in the release source code.

Perfectionists make so many things nice, they also **** so many things up.

Look in ghoul2, just by taking a glance, I haven't noticed anything "oiut of the ordinary" that would make the source code differ from the 1.04 assmelby code, if the source was actually assembly.

I've just bypassed the ghoul2 logic altogether. All I could see that it did was effectively make the saber bounding box (seem?) larger, which doesn't affect my saber combat logic at all.

Ditto to what razorace said. You'll need to do some serious testing and post the results for many to think this is a problem.

is still have to make a demo but i thought u might want to hear what monroe has to say to my email:

"The latest code released is the 1.04 code, same as the latest patch.

Thoughts from the MP team:

"Or.. maybe the server he refers to is running at sv_fps 40 or something? That would make the saber combat feel a lot better than the default of 20."

-James"

that didn't help, atleast it is not the sollution for this horrible ghoul2 i am experiencing. there are more bug like that which i can't explain. sometimes a onehit kill happen and stuff like that (basicaly double damage since yellow makes 60 in that case...). so i am thinking aboutcleaning out the code. i think there are thing that shouldnt be made a variable and mabe other stuff is wrong too. so t could be my mod...

tho it wouldn't stop ghoul2 beeing so jerky. mabe it's a setting i missed to tweak it. but i will make a demo first.

Archived