Home

Newbie is really stuck

jedijef

I followed all instructions to make a mp map-

I selected the MP entities from the Load Project in File menu, then created a small test map. Saved as 'testmap', did the Full BSP thing and then booted up the game.

I created a ffa server and started the game. When i brought up the console I typed sv_pure 0, pressed enter. I then typed devmap testmap and pressed enter. The console then informs me that it can't find the map.

Please tell me where i'm going wrong and what minimum entities are needed for a ffa mp map (info_player_start etc...)

Any help will be much appreciated, as we padawan need much guidance!

I just tried your suggestion but still no joy.

This is what my console displays:

sv_pure 0

devmap ffa_testmap

devmapall

devmapmdl

devmap

devmap ffa_testmap

couldn't find map maps/ffa_testmap

Should i be saving my radiant file in a different place? My single player maps always load fine but never the multi-player maps.

The map is saved in the same folder as my single-player maps (game data/base/maps) and i have performed the fullvis bsp thing (excuse my ignorance!)

As i can't find a tutorial on mp maps, can someone please run through the basics from starting up JKRadiant to testing the map in Outcast Multiplayer.

As i mentioned before, my sp maps load up fine but i've been itching to make a mp map now that i'm getting good with map design.

I'm wondering if i should save mp maps in a different place or if there is a rule to follow when saving, as the message i always get when i type devmap mymapname in the mp console is 'cant find mymapname.

Do i have to pk3 my mp maps to use myself or is this just for sending the map to sites like this?

As soon as i fix this problem, i promise some excellent maps will be coming this way!

• 2 months later...

Archived