Home

Saber upside down and behind player

Flamegrape

Everything has been going great. I almost have my model ready for release. Now this.

The saber is upside down and behind the player on the left-hand side.

:(

I remember someone in this forum having this exact same problem and asking this exact same question. But since I can't search the forums, I'm the nine-billionth newbie to ask it.

:)

Originally posted by TheWhiteRaider

Center your model in the program you use. If you have the grid on the point where the four realy dark lines run into each other is where you put it. Then rotate it. That is most likely the problem.

Which model? The entire character? The character is built around the stormtrooper skeleton that is provided by the SDK. I don't understand your advice. Do you mean one specific part has to have it's origin centered at coordinate 0,0,0?

Okay, I figured it out. It's the same sort of problem that I had before.

The problem comes from the fact that I build parts on one side of the character and then simply mirror those parts for the other side. In my case, I built the left arm and left hand and just cloned and mirrored those parts to make the right arm and right hand. In 3d Studio Max, this creates some sort of wacky, crazy error with these parts that throws off the positioning of child objects. This caused the lightsaber to subsequently be positioned in the wrong place.

I had a similar problem before and I fixed it by creating a box object, deleting all of it's verts, and then attaching the problem-causing mirrored parts to it. THIS FIXED THE PROBLEM.

Someone came up with this solution and I can't remember who. But thanxx again, whoever you are.

Originally posted by Flamegrape

Which model? The entire character? The character is built around the stormtrooper skeleton that is provided by the SDK. I don't understand your advice. Do you mean one specific part has to have it's origin centered at coordinate 0,0,0?

Oh I thought you were talking about a saber model or are you?

Archived