Home

scripting and cutscenes

acewombat

There was weeks ago a link to some ST Elite Force tutorial concerning moving NPCs in cinematics. Unfortunately I didn't mark the address down, as I was in no need for such.

Anyway, the best way to learn any ICARUS scripting, and NPC cinematics are just a part of it, is to read the manual through, then study the scripts. Even better: open the first mission in Radiant, take a look at the Raven's claw and surroundings (right from the actual playable map area). There you will learn something about cameras (ref_taqs) and such. And for cinematics there's no better source of information than the uncompiled Raven scripts in the cinematics folder. There are all cinematic scripts used in the actual game.

Then just grow a beard (men with beards make good movies) and begin directing.

Is it possible to change player character (model) with scripting? Could someone tell me how to do it?

Hey...lassev, it seems that your from Finland. It would be easier for me to learn scripting if I could ask some questions in my own language...if you're willing to help me , please send an e-mail. Lehiz@footbag.org

Archived