Home

can anyone tell me what's wrong?

ozmo55

hi, i've been playing jedi knight 2 for ages but i stopped a couple of months ago. Then i bought myself a new computer and what ever i do i can't get it to work. It either crashes out to windows or reboots the computer either in game after about 30 seconds or it just carshes randomly before im even in.

It doesnt matter what version i use either! i have tried the original, 1.03 and 1.04. All do the same thing, yet on the other computer in the room this does not happen. To start with i presumed i had a vrius because other games recently became unstable, so i ran mcaffee, which was fully upgraded and it found nothing. So i just presumed windows 2000 was just knackered, so i backed up important files and reformatted my har drive, after this i reinstalled all the drivers, win 2k, office xp, publisher, paint shop pro 6, draw plus 6 and page plus six. The first game i installed was jedi knight 2 to find i had the same problem.

My specs are:

amd athlon xp 2100+

abit kx7-333r motherboard

512mb xms2700 corsair ddr ram

asus v8420 geforce 4 ti 4200 128mb (tried with both asus drivers and nvidia 40.72)

sound blaster live! 5.1

everything has the drivers that came with the parts at the moment. The only other thing that is makng the computer do the same thing is 3d mark 2001se, which didnt used to happen. so as far as i can tell it isnt software related due to it being the same set-up as a month ago when 3dmark 2001se worked just fine.

if anyone could help it would be muchly appreciated

cheers

ian

The problem is not your comp. or the drivers, it's the game, it sucks. I have the same nvidia card, an amd cpu and win2k. Sooner or later jk2 multiplayer games always crashed on my comp. as well. On- and offline.

I never have problems with games like gta3, rtcw, u3, q3.

Trust me, it's the game.

Archived