Home

Milkshape problem

ksk h2o

I seem to have run into a small problem and hope it is not something that will require me to start over.

I modified a player model in milkshape by importing the glm, did all the tweaks and adjusted the skin, however, I found out I cant export from milkshape to the game.

So I installed 3ds Max 4.2, with hopes of being able to use that to put my model in game. The problem is, I dont know how I can get my model from milkkshape to 3dsmax without loosing data. Could somebody give me a pointer on this?

Thanks.

Eh, I figured it out.

Now I have a method of importing any model into Milkshape as a glm, exporting it to 3ds, merging it to the bone structure of root.xsi and onto wieghing and the goodies.

It is quite long and tedious process but it sure saves some time on modelling.

I ended up Exporting from Milkshape using the 3DS format. Unfortunately the milkshape exporter will cut off long group and texture names so I had to rename my long groups and textures with acronyms. Once the model was in 3ds max I could just rename the groups back to the JKII convention and voila! On to the usual skeletal and tag alignment and bone weighing... :D

Archived