Home

Questions of a Noob

Amarath

Hello all!

I was thinking about purchasing this game, but first I have a few questions first.

First of all, I'm looking forward to the single player but even more so to the multiplayer. I was curious about a few things though. I have never played Quake (the game w/ the engine THIS game is based on... i think) but I wanted to know if it was similar to counter-strike?

Does this game take skill to kill people and get a nice "ratio" if thats what's even used...? Or is it just go out and click and blow lots of things up?

Also, does the multiplayer game last? Like can it keep me addicted like counter-strike has for about 2 years? That's what I would like most for this game.

Ooo Ooo and is this game plagued w/ cheaters even MORE than counter-strike? It seems that is a very popular subject on these boards. I can deal w/ it if its just like counter-strike because you can always find a good server, but if this game is spiraling downwards then maybe I'll put my money elsewhere.

Anyways! Thanks for your time.

The single player component of jk2 alone is worth the price of admission. The default multiplayer component has been a bit of a letdown imo. However, there are a few mods out there that are trying polish it up, some more successfully than others. While there has been some cheating in online play, I don't think it has become a significant issue yet. How long this game lasts for will likely depend on the quality of the mods released so it's really hard to say how long jk2 will be around for.

Thanks for the advice guys. I just found the demo and played that. It was pretty sweet although it'll take a while to get used to those lightsaber controls =)

But you guys DO think the multiplayer is pretty good as long as I get some mods? Because I'd be willing to do that of course =) I just want some fun that will actually last a while, kind of like counter-strike you know, something that always seems fun to play.

And you said the mods were polishing things up. Well, are mods still being made a lot or is this game kinda getting old or what?

Thanks again for the help guys =)

oh oh oh and how many hours do you think the single player missions take to complete?

Originally posted by Amarath

Well, are mods still being made a lot or is this game kinda getting old or what?

The Jedi Outcast Mod community is very vibrant. There are going to be plenty of mods in the future. In fact, Promod (a mod designed to seriously enhance multiplayer gameplay) is going to be released very soon.

Originally posted by Amarath

oh oh oh and how many hours do you think the single player missions take to complete?

I completed the single player campaign on the "Jedi" difficulty level in about 19 hours.

One thing about cheating:

CS and Jedi outcast can't even be compared. Finding a "clean" server in CS is just about as hard as it is finding a guy cheating in JO.

Cheats are not an issue in this game. Aimbots, wallhacks (or whatever) have no use here.

JO is not a cheaters-game. The setting is totally different.

Some players use scripts to execute special moves etc., but CHEATING á la Counter Strike does not exist.

The sabers and force powers (especially in Promod!) bring aspects (depth) to the game that no other game can offer.

Archived