Home

Joining a Clan

DStocker429

I would like to know the pros and cons, goods and bads, and the advantages/disadvantages of possibly joining a clan. I have been surfing several Clan websites and so far I haven't decided if I should or not. I am an average player and I have been practicing playing multiplayer by myself; mostly FFA. The only advice I seek is the truth. NO B.S.

Many thanks in advance;

Jedi Ranger.:saberg:

PROS: A lot of fun when you all get together and play. You get to meet new people for the most part and I find it fun to saber my fellow clan members.

Just having some familiarity of playing with the same people is great. I have gotten on many servers where bastards come on and kill their own team or do other things which lessens the fun for others.

Also, clan wars are the best. Having "bragging rights" is a lot of fun and you get a lot of friendly competition along the way.

Neutral: If you like saber only and you play with weapons it lowers the funness for yourself. Same with the visa-versa thingy.

Going to a clan that has been around for a while you kind of feel like the odd man out most of the time. I remember when I tried out the first time I had butterflies but I did well and fit in great.

3rdly, Time Zones. We find that we should only accept people in the Western Hemisphere unless THEY will make the time to get up REALLY EARLY or stay up REALLY LATE. We have people ranging from Alaska to Mass. so try to get in a clan close to home.

CONS: If no one show up to the gaming times then like the two people who did feel screwed because no one else showed up. As long as you do not run the clan it is fun. If you lead the clan it is like a part time job. Not too many. If you don't like the clan you can just quit. Not like a life or death thing.

If I think of more I will post them but this is off the top of my head.

Anyone else?

If you want to attend a session with us just let me know so you can get some first hand experience.

Have Fun!

BigTeddyPaul (Crimson Masters)

Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul

PROS: A lot of fun when you all get together and play. You get to meet new people for the most part and I find it fun to saber my fellow clan members.

Just having some familiarity of playing with the same people is great. I have gotten on many servers where bastards come on and kill their own team or do other things which lessens the fun for others.

Also, clan wars are the best. Having "bragging rights" is a lot of fun and you get a lot of friendly competition along the way.

Neutral: If you like saber only and you play with weapons it lowers the funness for yourself. Same with the visa-versa thingy.

Going to a clan that has been around for a while you kind of feel like the odd man out most of the time. I remember when I tried out the first time I had butterflies but I did well and fit in great.

3rdly, Time Zones. We find that we should only accept people in the Western Hemisphere unless THEY will make the time to get up REALLY EARLY or stay up REALLY LATE. We have people ranging from Alaska to Mass. so try to get in a clan close to home.

CONS: If no one show up to the gaming times then like the two people who did feel screwed because no one else showed up. As long as you do not run the clan it is fun. If you lead the clan it is like a part time job. Not too many. If you don't like the clan you can just quit. Not like a life or death thing.

If I think of more I will post them but this is off the top of my head.

Anyone else?

If you want to attend a session with us just let me know so you can get some first hand experience.

Have Fun!

BigTeddyPaul (Crimson Masters)

Go Massachusetts!

ZBomber (Crimson Masters) :)

Archived