Home

AOTC Saber Sound

MrMojok

I was watching AOTC tonight, and they seem to have slightly changed one of the saber sounds. The new sound i am talking about is in the movie several times, but the earliest instance is when the poison worms are on Padme's bed and Anakin comes running in.... immediately after he ignites his saber, the first "whoomp" sound. You guys know what i mean? It can also be heard when Obi-Wan slices Zam's arm off in the club. It seems to be the sound they use now whenever someone whirls a saber really fast. This one is a lot like the sound Darth Maul's saber made often in TPM, but slightly higher-pitched. I think it would be cool if we could put it in the game.

Right now, i use a cool mod called ultrasabersound. i cannot remember the author(s), but it rocks. It has this same kind of sound, that i believe the author ripped from TPM. I would like to combine the sound i described above with the sounds from this mod. I don't want to rip off anyone's work, i just want to combine the two for my own SP games. Can anyone get the higher-pitched "whoomp" and convert it to MP3?

Sorry if someone already requested this... i looked through this forum and did not see it.

I like these too, Boba..... but these are just the saber-ignition sounds. I do in fact use the Dooku saber-on sound in my sound pack:p The one i meant is the sound when they swing it. Most noticeably in the first lightsaber scene in the movie in Padme's bedroom, Anakin's first swing after he ignites it.

This morning i have been trying to record this sound off a mic plugged into my sound card, off the VHS tape. But it sounds like crap :eek:

Archived