Home

Command to make the camera sit in one position?

kirov1000

Yes, there is such command. But it doesn't do much to help your targeting. So if you were thinking you will get some cool duels in the style of Virtua Fighter, or Soul Caliber, I'm afraid it's not quite that developed.

The command you seek is CG_THIRDPERSONCAMERADAMP. Type it in once to see what the default is -so you can easilly fix it later if you wish- then just change it to a 0 (that's a ZERO, not an OH).

Basically, all it does is slow down how fast the camera tracks you. I've played with it at slower settings than the default, and kind of liked it.

As a side note: it would be nice to see more happening with the camera. Maybe to have a toggle button that would make it keep you and your nearest target in frame or something, like the above videogames I mentioned. This is a 3D environment! Why do we have to be limited to just ONE unadjustable 3rd person viewing angle! We can do better than THIS!!!

OK Syfo I'm assuming u know alot bout Quake 3 cmds so I'm not gonna waste thread space and just ask my question here, which is: How do you make your hud go away. Like everything, crosshair, health/shield bar, force bar, etc. I knew how to do it before but then I quit JKII then got back and now I'm braindead...:rolleyes: Thx.

[edit]DOH ur probably not gonna check this thread anyways again so I guess ill PM u...:rolleyes:

Awwwwww! But I wanna rant!!! :mad:

Can I rant later? :(

I know NOTHING about Quake. Sorry if I mis-lead you. I did achieve the NO HUD thing by typeing in 'LEVELSHOT'. But I wasn't intending on losing it, and then I couldn't figure out how to get it back. Fortunately, it resets when the level restarts.

That's all I know.

Archived