Home

VB-based Kill Tracker help please?

Darth Cont¡nent

Hello. I've been playing around with the Visual Basic source code for Mau'dae's Kill Tracker 2.0, trying to make some additions.

One of the things I'd like to be able to do is be able to track the teams in team games. For example, when the player first joins a game, I want to be able to define a variable containing the player's team (RED or BLUE).

Mau'dae's kill tracker 2.0 uses among its functions the following:

Public Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" (ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long

To extract the kill messages and such, this program defines a handle to the Jedi Knight game instance and tracks windows messages from it:

jkmpwinconsole = FindWindow("jk2mp winconsole", vbNullString)

Although kill messages appear to come through, the team info, like when the user first joins the game and joins a team, or when the user changes teams mid-game, doesn't seem to show up among the messages pulled from this function.

Can anyone tell me if I need to define another handle? Or if there's a better way to get the team info...? :confused:

The source code is on a couple of sites but let me know if you need a link or if I should post more of his original code. Thanks!! :D

Maybe; I made a change so that the text box displaying the console messages has a scrollbar, and also added an option so that I can cause the output to pause so I can scroll up and see what messages appeared.

As yet I haven't seen any messages specific to teams, just ones showing the "Player has become the new team leader." but nothing specifying the team they've actually joined.

I did discover the command "team" from the console, which when entered returns either "Red team" or "Blue team". I guess if I had to I could write a routine to send the commands to the console when a team change occurs (beginning a new game, server changes maps, etc.) but this would be a pain...

:jawa:

Thanks for your input, any more ideas anyone?

• 1 month later...

Archived