Home

poll: voice acting in mods

SuckyModderDave

Bad voice acting or subtitles?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Bad voice acting or subtitles?

• bad voice acting and sound quality
    • subtitles, no voices

I think voice acting always makes the level more involving over just text, but it has a number of disadvantages - it increases the file size a lot, it adds to the build time of the map and if it's really bad it might not work. But as long as it isn't really bad th en I think it's worth having personally :D

I totally agree with Kengo. As long as the quality is at a level you can understand what's said, it good enough (if not as good as desired). I think it adds a lot to any level. Just text appearing on the screen is somewhat weird, like your sound card was broken or something.

Still, the voice acting used in cutscenes or cinematics is worth the effort to subtitle anyway. Sound quality might be a bigger problem to those who do not speak English as their first language (let's say myself included, so that I wouldn't seem to belittle anybody).

And who cares that much about file size anyway (anymore)? I will certainly wait ten minutes longer to get the voice acting. If you make a decent SP level it will be several megabytes large anyway.

Archived