Home

Cheating?

ShannonKnight

Today i was at a server where some noob, started to cheat and i wonder how i can prevent it as a server admin. He has some script or any other stuff running which allowed him to relog pretty fast. So if his health was down, he relogged and was in the same fight again, with full health and shield. Then he managed to do the vote for kicking and it passed every time. (All in duell). Furthermost he if he died both he and the winner, were droping down on the bottom of the list. Sure i can ban his ip, but if he uses a simply modem where he gets a new IP everytime it plainly sucks.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

The 3 basic duel bugs:

(No I'm not going to explain how to do them, relax.)

1-The drop.

You dis/re connect upon death and "drop" the winner of the duel into spec mode.

2-The Vote.

You call a vote and 999 yourself to make it pass.

3-The score reset.

In duels where it is set for 3/3, 2/2, when you die and are in limbo, you 999 and actually dis/re connect and respawn with the score reset.

There is a guy who plays under different names on the Infinite Frag (U.K.) duel severs who does this constantly.

About a week ago in a duel with a frag limit of 2/2 it took me beating him 12 times (yeah, 12 times in a 2/2 limit duel) before he finally gave up and quit.

The bastard of all this is to teach people how to stop them, you pretty much have to teach them how to do it in the first place.

If you know how to induce client side lag and "server command overflow" then all you really have to do is have a couple people do this while the guy tries to 999. He will get dumped.

The dis/re connect.

Same thing.

If you think you are about to get dropped, do it there is a 50/50 chance you won't end up in spec mode.

There is an insane saber related bug that works in FFA/CTF/TeamFFA that will blow your mind when you “see” it…

But I’ll wait until it catches on before I comment on it.

Originally posted by Unnamed Jed1

There is an insane saber related bug that works in FFA/CTF/TeamFFA that will blow your mind when you “see” it…

But I’ll wait until it catches on before I comment on it. [/b]

Heh...yeah, I love going into like the FotS server, using that bug and typing "saber off = peace" over and over..

Originally posted by Break_dF

Heh...yeah, I love going into like the FotS server, using that bug and typing "saber off = peace" over and over..

Hehe, that is exactly what I did...right before he banned me.

DarkStar was sabered by SF-Unnamed

DarkStar: You see that’s the kind of crap that got you kicked the first time.

SF-Unnamed: Hey man, my saber was down, it wasn't me. It was some other dude.

Server Disconnected...

Originally posted by Unnamed Jed1

Hehe, that is exactly what I did...right before he banned me.

DarkStar was sabered by SF-Unnamed

DarkStar: You see that’s the kind of crap that got you kicked the first time.

SF-Unnamed: Hey man, my saber was down, it wasn't me. It was some other dude.

Server Disconnected...

lmao...I hate those idiots.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived