Home

spacemonkey tut question

Bell

Hi,

1.) this is the order in which he recommends you make your character model;

I recommend;

Modeling - you actually build your custom model around the skeleton from the root.xsi.

Segment your model.

Cap the segments.

Add the tags.

Weight the mesh and tags to bones.

Create the hierarchy.

Export away.

but the sections of the tut are not in this order. Just wanted to clarify; is the order above correct?

2.) exactly where in the order would one create the LOD's?

thanks

if this is your first model, which it sounds like it is, leave the lod's for last.

try to ficus on getting a single LOD model into the game. once you have accomplished that, you can fix your weighing (you WILL have it wrong the first time ;) ) and iron out the errors. Then you can move onto creating your LOD's form our existing mesh and tags.

Just copy all the tags and meshes and rename them appropriately, then reduce the vertex count. After that you can check to make sure the weighing is still OK, and export to test out. One LOD at a time is the way to go so you dont pull your hair out.

great thanks!!!

actually i did finish a model and ended up pulling my hair out lololol.

I have some posts burried here and am close to getting the model in game. What i'm doing now is conglomerating the spacemonke tut, addendum and tips and tricks documents into one comprehensive tut on getting a model in game; I went through all the posts in this forum and collected all the exporting stuff for a faq. I'm almost done; then gonna start from scracth and follow everything to the letter and see if i get lucky.

thanks for your help

Archived