Home

A few questions

Takeoffyouhoser

1) My grove of trees is nothing but trunks, I am using model tree06_b. Is this model supposed to be a trunk only?

2) is it possible to make the light emitted by the sky centered ? I am using skies/test5 and like it much, but it seems to cast shadows going in one direction. this is a fine effect, but i want it to be raining, and you don't see too many slight shadows on a hillside when raining :)

3) What was the name of the sky used in Yavin Swamp?

4) I used the model of a satalite dish on the roof of my bunker. this model seems to be flashing red all the time.... any ideas why?

1) As I saw it is. But you have md3view so you can see it for yourself. :)

2) Hmm... If you set the sun to 90 degrees on elevation then the sunlight will come from above. You will have shadows though. You could try without a sun but with q3map_skylight with a higher bounce value say 8, but it takes forever to compile.

3) Was there any sky?

4) No ideas.

I would also like to know, why the dish is flashing red. Although I haven't yet done anything myself to solve the problem, it would spare some trouble if somebody knew already what's causing the flashing. You can't really use such an object in such a state in your map.

Archived