Home

Mara Jade?!?!?!?!?!

Guest OBI_WAN

Guest OBI_WAN

O.k....... i know that the young jedi, Mara Jade, is only about, or younger, the same age as Luke. I saw her in games, but why isn't she in the movies??? I think that if they have a jedi of anysort, he or she should be in the movies.

do u think that she will be introduced in "Star Wars Episode III? i think so. well, she does have a purple lightsaber..........

Guest Plo Koon

She won't be a jedi for some time. She wouldn't be in the prequils, because she is younger than Luke. In Episode 3 we will see Luke and Leia as babies, which means Mara wouldn't be born for some time after Episode 3. In ESB, she takes Luke's blue saber from Bespin and uses it as hers.

It's not for a while until she builds her purple one.

------------------

plo_koon.jpg

Guest Obi-wan Shinobi

Actually good buddy, Luke gives Mara Anikan's old lightsaber at the end of "the Last Command" novel. The clone Luuke used it against the real Luke in a badda$$ duel

------------------

Strength over Fear...

Peace over Anger...

Honor over Hate...

Guest Darth_Maul

Unfortunately we will not see Mara Jade in the prequels. It would be interesting to see the forming of "the Emperor's Hand" and he great skills as she is, indeed, a formidable dark jedi. However, I do believe that Mara Jade can be seen somewhere in the background of Return of the Jedi in the special edition and if not, she would've been there somewhere as she was undercover for the emperor posing as one of Jabba's dancers.

------------------

darth_maul.jpg

Darth Maul, Sith Apprentice

There is no peace, there is anger.

There is no fear, there is power.

There is no death, there is immortality.

There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

-Dark Jedi Code

Guest Master Chewie

mara jade is also in another book but i can't remember the name of it! she is really mad at him and she hates him badly, or am i thinking of a differnt person?

help me!!!!!

Guest Kurgan

The reason she doesn't appear in any of the movies is because she was THOUGHT UP long after Return of the Jedi was out on video. Sure they could have added her in, but GL didn't feel like it okay? He didn't create her as a character either.

Yeah, the Zahn trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and the Last Command), and I think at least one other book (where she and Luke are married) include Mara Jade.

She is playable in Mysteries of the Sith (JK addon missions) and a secret non-playable character in Masters of Teras Kesai for PSX.

And yes, if you have even Luke mentioned as a baby in Episode III, you wouldn't have Mara Jade, because she is a bit younger. And what would be the point, considering she isn't mentioned in any of the other movies that come later...?

Kurgan

Guest Sith-Lord GanjaTron

You just posted a bold faced LIE... Why do you even post if all you do is lie, Mara Jade is a PLAYABLE character in Teras Kasi... where do you even get this crappy information that you spew effortlessly out of your mouth.

Guest the13thJedi

GanjaDumb.... You should be advised that Kurgan is a member of the JEDI COUNCIL... The people responsible for creating this forum.... So if I were you I would show a little respect, because besides the MOTK thing, His info was right on the money.

From what I've read, Mara Jade was actually in Jabba's palace when Luke Skywalker rescued Han Solo. My guess was to make an attempt on the young Jedi's life, but she never had the chance, since they were taken prisoner.

Mara Jade does not become a major character until after RotJ, when she tries to kill Skywalker, and eventually is turned to the light side.

Guest the13thJedi

Well, if any further problems are presented I'm confident that the Council would be more than happy to deal with him...

Guest jedihorn1

and what council would that be?

------------------

jedinew.jpg

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, only knowledge. There is no passion, there is serinity. There is no death, there is the Force. (GOD)-Jedi Code

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Mara was ordered by Palpatine to kill Luke, and when she failed at Jabba's palace, Luke went on to the second Death Star, which was destroyed, and the Emperor was killed by Vader. She then vowed to compleate Palpatine's orders to kill Luke at whatever cost. She later ending up saving his life, a favor Luke and Mara exchanged several times. But she still had the oath to kill him. So she did. Actually she killed his clone, Luuke, freeing her from the Emperor's will. Later on Luke and Mara got married (see Star Wars: Union #1-4). She now(21 years after Endor) is seriouly ill with a deadly, unknown disease, and had she not had the Force, would already be dead. There's her history, if anyone cares. I knew most of this, but to be accurate, I consulted the Star Wars Encyclopedia. There, credit given where credit due.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kanigget (edited May 01, 2000).]

Guest Kurgan

Oh I'm sorry, no need for you to be so nasty!

I wasn't lying. I honestly thought you could not play as Mara Jade in MOTK. I had read about it in several magazines. My roommate has a copy of the game, and while I have played it, I have not tested every possible way of beating the game to be sure I was wrong. But if you tell me the code I can test it easily.

So how do I play as her? If you post the correct code, I'll stand corrected. Thanks.

Kurgan

Guest Thermal

Thanks for posting that Kanigget. I was amazed at how off some of these posts were. Mara has appeared in many of the novels I believe (i stopped reading the books a while back) but I don't think most of her appearances added much to the character until Zahn's last 2 books. (I can't believe it's been TEN years since his first trilogy came out! Still the only Star Wars books I like) But she wasn't in any of the movies just like Kurgan said, because she wasn't made up until long after ROTJ was made.

You can access Mara Jade by beating the game on normal or harder, settine the "player change at continue" to no with Darth Vader, to get Vader you ahve to beat the game the same way but with Luke Skywalker.

Mara Jade is an awesome character because her moves are a combination of both Luke's and Vader's moves. She rocks.

------------------

lets turn up the heat!!!!

krillinwannabess.gif

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Here is the GameShark code to play as Mara Jade in Masters of Teras Kasi(Actually, this unlocks all characters):

800BEF5E 00FF

800C310E 0001

800C3112 0001

800C3114 0001

800C3118 0001

800C311C 0001

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Archived