Home

Saber Stances

Lord Tnuc

How would someone go about changing the saber stances of each saber style? I'm not talking animations, I'm talking about their stance...when you take your lightsaber out..and stand there. I remember there was one mod awhile back, when I first got Jedi Outcast that changed the default saber stances a bit. Red style held the saber high above the head, blue stance had their legs spread a bit front and back with the saber held with both hands almost pointing it down to the ground, but more horizontal, just about knee level. Yellow stance held the saber with both hands out in the middle about chest high.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

you'll need to download modview... extract the models/players/_humanoid files to the base folder (make sure you let it create the folders)... open a model in modview and on the left you'll see "sequences"... take the frame number(s) you want and replace the corresponding number in the models/players/_humanoid/animation.cfg file.

example: http://clan-cd.tripod.com/jk2/doublebladedstance.txt

It must be my lack of sleep. Anyway. I already have a question

Is there a specific line I'm supposed to be looking for? If so what are the lines I'm looking for? In the .cfg file, I mean. For the blue, yellow, and red stances.

Question 2: If I change the red style's stance..will it also change the Desann style stance?

Originally posted by Lord Tnuc

It must be my lack of sleep. Anyway. I already have a question

Is there a specific line I'm supposed to be looking for? If so what are the lines I'm looking for? In the .cfg file, I mean. For the blue, yellow, and red stances.

Question 2: If I change the red style's stance..will it also change the Desann style stance?

1. blue = both_saberfast_stance; red = both_saberslow_stance; yellow = both_stand2 (note that the yellow stance decides the leg animation/frame used for other stances.

2. if desann uses the red stance, then yes his will also change.

Originally posted by Lord Tnuc

One more question. Is there a way to walk, holding the saber in the saber stance? Like say... I have the red stance changed so that you're holding the saber above your head like Anakin and Dooku. Is there a way to walk with the saber above your head?

there is... but even with the saber off the hands would be above the head.

Archived