Home

disappearing patch meshes

DISorder

Does anyone else have the problem of patch meshes disappearing? They dotn physically disappear, they're still there but in order to see them again I have to select it then change the side the tex. is on, and back again, before I can actually see the blasted thing again. Anyone else have this problem? Can I fix it or is it just a bug?

Btw, I use a lot of patch meshes to try and cover up the obviousness of where a curve is (because the lighting is diff on a curve than on a brush), if there is any alternate way to cover up where a curve is, please let me know, maybe im making it too hard on myself :D

Thanks

Yes, I was wondering where are my cylinders gone, because they were in a func_group with other brushes and I copied the whole group. But I believed my eyes. :)

Moved there another cylinder. The first time I recognized that there is an invisible cyilinder where it has to be when I tried to select one behind it to copy and I can't select that one. I could see the size of a selected thing showing up in the 2d view but I couldn't see anyithing else in 3d neither in 2d views.

I don't know a solution of this but I'm sure this is not a normal behaviour. What I didn't test is that the cylinders will show up or not after restarting the editor and reloading the map.

I use GtkRadiant 1.2.11.

Originally posted by DISorder

They dotn physically disappear, they're still there but in order to see them again I have to select it then change the side the tex. is on, and back again, before I can actually see the blasted thing again.

Didnt seem like you caught that, but thats the only way I can figure out how to fix it (by change sides tex is on I mean ctrl+I, cant remember the 'proper' name for this, I think its invert)

I'm also on radiant 1.2.11, never noticed this happen in the previous version

Yes, it is called invert matrix. I didn't try that.

What I didn't understand why I couldn't see my cylinders even in the 2d view. There wasn't any sign of their existence until - as I worte - I tried to select something behind them.

Now it's OK, at least I hope I didn't leave any invisible patches in the map. :)

Archived