Home

New Mod in the drawing board

Cosmas

I've been slowly working on a mod based for JKII. Tell me when it sounds stupid. This is for you guys so I want your input before I spew out crap. I want to make a mod based on Jurassic Park. No not the exact movie but you know the usual. An Island, some dinos, a heavy arsenal, and oh yea more dinos. I've already worked out a story but I want to know if this should even be attempted. Single player is fairly straightforward, you have a guy and dinos...the story takes you where ever. But in multiplayer you have two teams, dinos vs. humans. If anyone is familiar with Natrual Selection for Half Life..then yea its a lot like that. There are classes of creatures that do certain things and humans run around looking to wipe them out. No commanders for either side of course, that was NS' mistake, but you would be able to purchase weapons (humans) and armor and look for the dinos in what I hope will be a fairly nice enviornmental setting. The dinos have only thier teeth and claws, and perhaps one or two may have swinging tails. I would also like to know if there is anyone that would be willing to work on this with me. There is currently a website up but it hasn't been touched in a year. I'm not very good at modeling although I have the tools, is there anyone that would work on some basic models I have drawn up so I can get to other things. But back to the real question..should I bother? And if yes, what would you like too see in it? Is this setup fairly decent?

NS for half life is great. I for one am a n00b :D So if its going to be like that hell go for it sounds good. *cough* Where u gonna get modelers to do dino's and im sure you can easily do a skin from Indiana Jones for the main guy. And how would you exactly make man vs dino's?

You could alter CTF and change the map to something else and a diff obejctive like this:

Dino Objective: Destroy Humans

Human Objective: Destroy Dino's or there egg's :)

Like the idea good luck!

Im not sure, but hopefully I would implement some kind of menu system. I'll post the models on my page as soon as I can get some people to help me create them. I've already got some 20 prefabs I downloaded here and there, there miscellaneous objects I want to use in various places for ambience.

Look as far as I know there aren't VGUI menus for q3, I intend on changing that.

After I finish my flamethrower, making it realistic which should be fairly soon, I'm going to implement VGUI menus.

Once I make them and I perfecting them, I'll release the code more than likely. Granting you a solution to your menu problem.

http://gw.ravencommunity.net - Galactic Warfare - my TC

Archived