Home

Possibly a N00b quesdtion

richard10101

how do you pak you files (that i can do) but hav your custom textures because i cant get my map to show my custom textures i tewll it to show me i get to see them in GTK Radient 1.11 but not ingame after i packed them

.PK3

i have maps levelshots botfiles and textures

what do i hav to do in textures ie:

textures/custom/paste textures here (doesnt work 4 me tho)

thats ok really on teaching about Pak scape and radient but it doesnt say owt about me being able to view my custom textures

i pak it all correctly but its not showing my textures but if i use JK2's textures it works fine

ie: if i use besping in pak scape i mek a dir called "textures" and in that i mek another called "bespin" and paste the textures i use in their

but with custom i dont know how to do it

(textures/custom textures here) doesnt work and neither does

(textures/custom/custom textures here)

i tried to open other maps of other people's and i still dint fine out how plz help me sum1

Sorry, i was a litte off the mark with my first attempt at help.

Firstly, you don't need to make a folder for any of the textures that come with the game in a pk3, even if you are making a mod or whatever, they are already in the assets.

Custom textures are a bit of a pain in pk3s. The key thing is that you create a textures folder (if one not already there) in your base folder, and then create a subfolder, lets call it custom1. When you build the level the textures will get a built in directory of custom1. Now when you create the pk3 you need to create a textures folder with a subfolder like youve done, and it MUST be called custom1. In my latest map Occupation I mucked this up, hence missing textures all over (note: dont download that map....fixed version on the way any day).

Now if you've already created the map with textures from that custom folder in textures in the base directory, its too late to change the directory, you have to make sure you transfer them across to the textures folder in the pk3 exactly as they were organised.

Sorry if that wasn't terribly clear...not an easy one to explain. Do you see what I mean?

Archived