Home

george lucas officially sucks...

pbguy1211

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

My book says the original edition came out in 1993, which is one year before TIE Fighter if I remember right.

But anyway, I doubt Zahn came up with Coruscant. I bet it was used in one of the earlier drafts of Star Wars or something like that.

"The earliest incarnation of Coruscant appeared in the rough draft scripts of Star Wars, when the Imperial capital world was known as Alderaan. Subsequent rewrites briefly changed its name to Granicus before dropping it from the A New Hope storyline altogether.

The Imperial capital world was resurrected in the draft scripts for Return of the Jedi, this time as Had Abbadon. The script described a city-covered planet plagued by pollution and home to the Emperor's throne. Practical considerations of realizing this planet on screen, as well as the evolving storyline of Episode VI, resulted in the capital world again being abandoned.

Author Timothy Zahn gave Coruscant its name in his 1991 novel, Heir to the Empire. When it came time to finally unveil the galactic capital on the big screen in the revamped ending of the Return of the Jedi Special Edition release, Lucas adopted the name Coruscant. "

again, from StarWars.com, Link

Archived