Home

the boulders!

punker_nfg

hey i wonder if ne1 cud help me!

ive been playin monkey island 4 for a while now and i cant get past the vista point bit!

i cant do it and ive had 2 walk thrus and they dont help!

cud ne1 tell me whats supposed to happen when the boulders go down the cliff??

is it something about a puddle??

i need help!

becka xxxx

hmm, those branches the boulders keep hitting seem to be a clue. and notice the only hole at the bottom you can't get it through, maybe you should try and get it through there/ but iot won't go in it, only in teh side one,s you need something to knock it in, maybe another boulder, at the right time

remember teh branches.

• 1 month later...

none of my boulders hit any branches. one ended up in the canyon, another on the beach, and i don't think there was another one at all. I'm completely confused, i've tried the walk thru too, no help there, i guess i must be missing something. and what's this about hitting a tree? i found a tree over the lava fields, but it's perfectly intact.

Please help, i don't want to be stuck on monkey island forever!!!

• 3 weeks later...

guess what?!? I am stuck at this point! i've look at all the hints provided here, and i've read this section in walkthroughs, ect. i swear i'm doing it right, but i keep getting the same resulst....it shows a picture of the shute i assume the boulder is supposed to come out of to head towards the lava field to make the puddle.... but it says something like "looks like there's no more boulders" or somethin like that... so i dunno what i'm doing wrong! i'm following all given instructions!! any suggestions!?!?:confused:

hmm, i dont actually think this is randomised, i've played efmi about three or four times and each time i think it was the same. still took me a while each time to get it right, but i think it was the same every time. maybe there's a problem with the game.

ah, how many times do i post this, let me count the ways. hmm, maybe not.

okay, you're going to have to load up a previously saved game or start the whole thing over again. sorry, but that's the only way. it's happened before, it'll happen again and this is the ony way to solve it. sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

OK I've done this bolder thing before, but now I'm playing it again and can't get passed it.

I know I'm doing the right thing but the timing must be out slightly

What generally happens is that after I throw the 4th bolder it collides and the last 2 bolders go down the middle chute, where only one is supposed to go down,

I've saved it before I throw the last bolder and have tried changing the timing earlier and later but they either miss each other and none go down the middle chute or they both go down the middle chute.

The timing when it hits the roots is not precise, there must be someone who knows the correct timing.

Is it exactly when it hits a root, in the middle or just after or does it vary with each root.

I know with the very last root the timing is definately not when the root is moving, but probably just before or just after it stops moving.

The walkthroughs are too vague with the timing issue.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated,

Thanks

Tim

you thinking way too deeply, it doesn't matter if it after, before or during the roots shaking, it's basically anytime when it hits it. also, i've played this game at least five times now and as far as i know, every time, two boulders go into the middle shoot and everything works, so i really don't know what to say.

Thanks, Neil Joshi and Burge

I'll keep going and see if it worked

thanks for the info

Much appreciated

EDIT: You were right, I had been wasting my time, it had already worked, I was just expecting a cut scene showing where the boulder went, maybe there is one and I missed it, I'm confused, there were 2 for the other chutes.

Oh well, I've finished it now,

That monkey Kombat is really clever, much more challenging than the sword fighting, I think people that pay it out, are people that couldn't solve it.

The games not as good as the originals but has some very original parts (well sort of), I love them all, but They're not as good as Grim Fandango IMO, that story is just brilliant.

Thanks again for the replies

Archived