Home

Vulcan's toss bug?

Unnamed Jed1

Ok, we all have had the "saber toss and it never comes back" bug happen in multiplayer, but is the % of this happening more frequent on Vulcan’s Admin mod servers (we run 2.2)?

I've been getting complaints from players all week and about a dozen times today it happened to me and the people I was dueling. I have noticed it happens a lot more often in duels then in FFA/TeamFFA.

We ran our old server w/ the same host and it never happened (no VAM on that one). Since the switch to VAM this has been happening non-stop...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Any other people having this problem?

It happens when people are spectating the thrower. People watching duels tend to switch back and forth between who they spectate. When someone throws the saber during a switch between the two players by the spectator, the saber will become lost sometimes. I dunno why it does it. We're switching to the Jedi Academy mod which uses some of the vulcanis coding but has some tweaks and bug fixes. If you want it UJ, come to our IRC channel and I'll dcc it to you as it's not hosted on any of the major jk2 sites for some reason.

Originally posted by FK|FallenOne

It happens when people are spectating the thrower. People watching duels tend to switch back and forth between who they spectate. When someone throws the saber during a switch between the two players by the spectator, the saber will become lost sometimes. I dunno why it does it. We're switching to the Jedi Academy mod which uses some of the vulcanis coding but has some tweaks and bug fixes. If you want it UJ, come to our IRC channel and I'll dcc it to you as it's not hosted on any of the major jk2 sites for some reason.

hmmmz

Archived