Home

No dismembering???

Matrix_R2

Hi... i have a question for you...

I cannot set my home PC to display the dismembering of the players when I defeat them with the saber... do you know what do I need to do to accomplish this?

Any special commands? Steps? Multyplayer and single player please.

Thanks!:jawa

I cannot do it, I don't know why but people just dont get dismembered in MP or SP. These are the steps I'm doing... please tell me if I'm wrong:

1. Create Server

2. Go into game with x amount of BOTS

3. open console and type devmap <mapname>. (Is this step necesary all the time? regardless if I'm playing MP with BOTS only? Why does console displays a error message after I type devmapall?

3. After devmap, I go into the game alone, I need to be adding bots again (is this ok?)

4. After I added some BOTS, I type on console:

g_dismember 3000

set dismember 3000

5. Nothing gets done, people die the usual way.

Is this an issue that has to do with Windows XP? Does the game installs the "PG-13" version or something like that.

I tried to do a bind q taunt and when I pressed "q" my game crashes.

Please help... what do you reccomend??? No MODS of any kind I've done or installed, virgin game... please help!!!

I'm writting this to clear up some misconceptions about MP dismember. I'm in the progess of studying dismember for MotF so I know how it actually works at this point. The following are the actual cvars that control dismemberment in MP:

cg_dismember

Integer; Client Side

Controls the gore level of dismemberment rendered on the client.

0 = no dismemberment

1 = limb dismemberment

2 = all dismemberment

g_dismember

Integer; Percentage; Server

Controls the percentage chance of dismemberment with a killing blow of 20+ DP from a saber hit. If this is set to non-zero, you’ll always dismember your right? Hand in a hand-chopped-off saberlock loss.

Basically, for dismemberment to work you gotta cg_dismember set to something other than 0 (2 for full dismemberment). IN ADDITION, the g_dismember MUST be set to non-zero and be at a reasonable percentage to expect dismember to happen on a normal basis. I prefer 100 (100%) but that's just me.

Archived