Home

Server Admins: Which MOD's do you prefer?

DevonKreel

Okay, I've been away from JK2 for a bit and have seen a few new MOD's come out in JediKnightII.net Downloads. I need some concise and well-thought positions on which MOD's are playable and easily admin'd.

What I'm looking at using right now is either JediMOD v4.3, JediPLUS, or OmniMOD. I'd like some feedback on the pro's and con's of all three.

Also, anyone know what happened to JediRunner? Is it still a viable option for configuring a dedicated server or should I look somewhere else?

Thanks in advance,

Jedi Kreel

Vadminmod and Xmod are pretty good, they're mainly for adding extra server features and dont change the game for the player much except for optional emotes and things like multiple duels.

Xmod is also developing anti-script stuff but that comes at the cost of a client download unlike adminmod and older versions of xmod which are server side.

Promod is worth a look, it changes the combat quite a lot so its worth trying out to see if your like it, the difference is that rather than adding a lot it replaces quite a few things.

Instagib is pretty fun too if you want a bit of shooting without the inaccurate/spammy jk2 guns.

jetpack mod also puts a nice slant on things allowing you to fly around.

and Jedimod and all its varients (omnimod, Jediplus etc) which use the scaling/hilt/sabercolour mods to its full extent, I've found these good mostly for the novelty value of things like the Yoda model and not nessesarily all that great for gameplay.

Archived