Home

Herman Toothrot

Chicken

you load up a saved game before this point, (preferably before this chapter) or start a new game. it'a annoying, but the exact same thing happend to me and countless other people who have come here with teh same problem. there is a problem with that part of the game which keeps comeing up and this is the only way to get past it. just remember to regularily save. sorry, only thing to do. i think there's a patch, but i'm not sure if it'll work. this is the best way even if it is really annoying. hope this helps, if not, come back here and we'll try and sort it out.

I'm having the same problem. Do the items have to be thrown in a particular order? At some point his reply was, "If you say so" as opposed to, "Where?", but the conversation options were the same.

I'm running XP Professional; do you think that would be an issue? I have a game saved just before this point, so I'll try that. I really hope I don't have to start over!

quite frankly, with XP proffesional, you should count yourself lucky that it's running ata ll, but you probably have loadsa memory and thus loadsa virtual memory. but it shouldn't really effect the game in that way, the game effects the game in that way, nothing to do with XP. but basically, yeah, just do what i said and if all else fails, come back here. you know, i've really got to get a link for that patch. theres a patch on the lucasarts website, but for the life of me, i don't know where. i'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find it (i admit, i haven't even tried which is why i don't know where it is). it may help.

Here's a link to the patch: http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/monkey-4.htm

It doesn't specifically say it corrects this problem, but who knows. I'm kind of surprised they haven't addressed it since I've seen several posts about it here and it's pretty much a game stopper.

As for running XP, it's a new machine and is pretty much loaded. No problems so far besides this.

Thanks for your help.

it's worked nine times out of ten, thats pretty much as good a guarantee as your going to get with anything. if you ask me, it's worth going back and redoing it, it will work. i really don't know any other way of doing this apart from starting a new game from scratch.

I tried the patch and it didn't work! The worst part is I only have one saved game file, so I have to start over from the beginning!!! :mad: If anyone finds an alternative solution, please let me know, I really don't want to go back to the beginning!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived