Home

qvm's and cgame :)

cb007sax

Okay, this is getting me very angry. I compiled my code into the standard .qvm files. The serverside game qvm works great, and any mods i make, i can see them in the game. the cgame qvm however is a different story. I put all my qvms in the vm directory of my \TestMod directory, so they are in \TestMod\vm. They are named jk2mpgame.qvm cgame.qvm and ui.qvm. jk2mpgame.qvm as i said will work with the game, and i can actually see the mods i made in my code work. On the cgame side, i have tried editing the hud, so i edited cg_draw.c, i get no difference in the mod. I actually gutted and took out all the code to every function in cg_draw.c and still i get the same hud. I take the cgame.qvm out of the directory and its exactly the same in the game as if cgame.qvm were in the \TestMod\vm directory. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Put them in pk3's, perhaps?

The qvm handling for Server-game and Client-game must be different. While I haven't hacked away at the HUD directly, I've changed what displays in spectator, and that seemed ok. I've always had it all pk3'd up, though.

Archived