Home

Custom File unzipper and installation utility

brianhearn

I've written an installation manager app that will unzip/unrar files, and copy it's contents to the relevant gaming directory. All other files will be listed for you to view (readme's & screenshots). I've just added Jedi Knight II to it.

I did the same thing for Unreal Tournament 2003, and that went down really well with players of that game. I originally wrote that for me, and I've written this for me. But from previous experience there may be people out there who will also find it useful.

It will appeal to you if you go in map downloading sprees and want to quickly and easily check them out in one go. You can double click on the pk3 files and it will load up any multiplayers maps it finds.

You can get details and download it here.

Brian.

that looks good. can i see the source code for it? i'm learning VB6 (my current projects are listed below) and although i'm still a n00b with it, it is very easy to learn. if not, i'll understand completly :D. anyway, i found an interesting forums for vb in general. its Vbcity forums. if you would like to see the code for my projects, just post here.

Archived