Home

Model Trouble

Sephiroth__VII

I Made A Model For Jedi Outcast in 3d max. It looks fine and all, except when i export it, then assimilate it, and open it with ModView as a .glm, The Left hand isnt in the right spot. Its now in the very middle of his back, and i dont have a clue what could do this. If some one could help i would apperciate it since this is the only thing that needs fixing.

You should check out the addendum tot he spacemonkey tutorial.

The problem you're having is a really annoying one. I'd start by imorting the XSI which you exported back into max and locating all the displaced/missing objects. This could happen to a lot of tags/caps or other objects. Most of the time I have inverted faces. So it looks like the object isn't there.

once you made your list of all the displaced/transformed objects. you need to go back to your original max file, unlink the said objects from the hierarchy and apply what is called an Xform modifier. You can also go into tools and select "reset xform."

Now be careful, when I apply an Xform modifier thing fly out of place and all kind of freaky stuff happens. once you applied the reset xform, you need to select the xform modifier, move it under the skin modifier to preserve the weighing and edit the mesh so all the inverted faces and the displacements are corrected. then re-link these objects in the hierarchy and re-export a new xsi. re-import and make sure everything looks fine. once the re-imported xsi looks fine you can go onto assimilate.

:D

Check out the addendum that ksk h20 mentioned and also check out this post:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89580

ksk h20 and a bunch of guys at the cgtalk forum gave me a load of good tips for dealing with displaced limbs/meshes that you mentioned.

-clu

ps --> for the addendum, look for "Addendum to SpaceMonkey's 3dsmax to JK2 modeling Tutorial" at the "files-->tools" section of http://www.jediknightii.net

Archived