Home

do you hve to use visual c++ to make a mod

dsf87

hi,

i installed the JK2 sdk (both of them) and under the "code" folder it created into my game data dir, the "Make a mod readme" says:

1. Open up the jk2mp-SDK.dsw in Microsoft Visual C++.

i do not have visual c++, and was wondering if there was any other way of making a mod (e.g in a text editor)

if u have any suggestions please e-mail me at

swoopy_l@hotmail.com

(or you could answer the thread :D )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...Serving time again for abuse of a corpse, only this time the victims a Clysedale horse..."

Well, it's in C, and the compiler is given with the SDK, so you could use any text editor, technically. I use a freeware one, Syn, located at

http://syn.sourceforge.net/

, I used to use Vis C++ 6, but it was soooo annoying and got in the way too much, so I set out to find a better editor, and Syn is the nicest I have found.

Do you have Win2k/XP - the batch files for compiling are in the game, cgame, and ui folders, and you won't need to modify them to compile unless you are using Win9x or possibly WinNT (don't know about NT, actually ...)

With win98, in each game, cgame and ui folder there is a cgame.bat, game.bat, and ui.bat respectively. It uses batch file syntax that doesn't work in win9x and can't compile.

It will have a %cc% (or something like that) that you need to replace with the actual path to your source.

thanx uv been heaps o help

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...Serving time again for abuse of a corpse, only this time the victims a Clysedale horse..."

sorry, but it doesnt seem to be working, i replaced all of the

"%cc%" with the path of my source and when i run the batch file it

says it could not find "g_main.asm" (it does the same thing with out the changes), i was wondering if i mis entepreted what you said or if im doing something completely wrong....

another thing when i try to use some mods that i have downloaded (only gob files, pk3's work fine) thy dont show up in the mods section (i followed the installation guide at massassi temple [patch commander didnt install properly so i tried the other method]) does any body know wats wrong?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived