Home

Javascript?

swphreak

Does anybody know Javascript and is good with it? I am trying to do ths thing with Javascript but it is a pain in the arse because i can't figure out how to carry the values from one page to another page to substitute for a variable or something like that. I really just know HTML, and limited Javascript (though I know how to make those annoying alert boxes :D ). If anyone here is willing to help me out (and knows Javascript) please let me know.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, feel free to be quiet :D

When you declare a variable within a function, the variable can only be accessed within that function. When you exit the function, the variable is destroyed.

If you declare a variable outside a function, all the functions on your page can access it. The lifetime of these variables starts when they are declared, and ends when the page is closed.

To carry information across pages you can set a cookie. The cookie is placed right on the user's computer and can be recalled again and again.

Also, you can have one page spawn another. That way will work as well. This way, you can use frames and store the info in the non-reloading frame.

These are the only ways I can think of using javascript. You can also look at using PERL.

Thats cool, its really not that bad, I personally would go the cookie routine. Not to hard, you should be able to find some help online going this route. Also, even though you would think they are the same, JAVA and JavaScript are completely different. You can do one without any knowledge of the other.

Archived