Home

Why are the servers not working?

Mr Wolf

Hi, for the last week I have been unable to play JK, as every time I try to get a list of servers, only one or two with high pings appear.

Sometimes I do get a server that I can connect to, but while playing my ping drops to 999 for extended periods.

When this happens I can still see everyone else moving, so I assume that I am recieving data from the server but it is not recieving from me.

This has been happening on and off since JK2 came out but recently much more so.

BTW I have been playing this game for a long time and I am not making some stupid mistake like not looking for internet games.

I have a 600k cable modem which works perfectly for other online games.

I know there are other people with the same problem.

I have tried qtracker to find games but when I specify the region as europe, it seems to give me a list of games everywhere else, except europe.

I cant even access the favourites menu. When I try the game crashes. Even after a reinstall.

So can anyone tell me what the hell is going on?

How do the game servers work?

Or can anyone tell me of a better third party game finder?

Thanks for the replys.

I am using v1.04, have been since it came out.

I don't think it is our location (though I wouldn't rule it out completely), as Dark Luke for example is in Argentina and I am in Ireland. I have been playing with other players from europe and UK and watched as some of their pings went to 999 while others didn't.

Can anyone tell me the name of any game finders other than qtracker?

I have 1.4 too, and if Mr. Wolf is from Ireland and can play inet games, there shouldn´t be a problem for me...

My problem is when i´m trying to connect...i see the servers, and i start the connection, but the game never starts!!

And some times it says: "Low ping servers only"

It means i cannot play in that server?

Thanx.

PS: Reborn, which is the name of that green color u used on your sig?

:confused:

Archived