Home

Question About AdminMod

_SA_Shinzon_

I've just recently started hosting servers with AdminMod, but I've got a problem. Quite often, it tries to make someone download a pk3 file. In the readme, it says to just extract this file, and delete the pk3 file, but there's a problem about that. There's no way for me to select the mod as a mod in the menu to host a game on the MSN gaming zone. Does anybody here know the solution to this problem?

Well, I gotta figure you know this but here goes.

When in the create server option screen, select advanced and turn the downloads option off. For me it never saves, so you may need to check it everytime.

Or your guest can go into setup and select dowloads to off.

I've tried those, but neither work. The official adminmod readme file says to extract the adminmod.pk3 file to the adminmod folder, and then delete the pk3 file. This, however, causes the problem not allowing adminmod to be selected as a mod. I've made a pk3 file that contains only the mod name, and that seems to be working, but I'm not sure if it is just a temporary fluke, IE the problem with forcing people to download (which seems to be random) just hasn't happened yet.

If anybody here has an idea about a 100% solution to this, perhaps a program which could be the equivalent of JKPatch, please post it here. I'm getting tired of n00bs comin in my games ruining it for the decent JK2 players...

Archived