Home

bots hoppin like a bunny

Eagleclaw

I really have two questions... first I have limitedinternet (my cell phone Oh joy!) and am not able to play online, however I do enjoy downloading maps and bots. the problem is that on some maps all the bots have a spring in there step... all they do is jump. They do whatever they can to keep form touching the ground for more then 2 seconds at a time :confused: It drives me nutts! I just want to throw them in a sack and slam them against the wall a couple times... see how well the hop then. It only does it on certain maps witch leads me to think it has something to do with the maps construction. Is there anything I can do to fix this?????

One more thing are there any bots (like vader) that can be spawned in sp if so how??

Any help is much apreishated.......... yeah so my spelling sucks... blame the army:D

Bots hopping madly in a map means that the map has no bot support. The good news is that you can create your own bot route and add it to the map if you think it is worth your time. You can find out more about creating bot routes here.

alrighty. I tired editing the bot wave points and it worked... almost. every time the level resets ,like in a duel, it still says no bot route and the start jumping again. Why will it see the bot route the first round and not the others???

First, you need to save the botroute file that you create. The command for saving the botroute file is in the document I linked to in my earlier posting. It will save this file to the jkii\gamedata\base\botroutes folder (unless you're using a mod, in which case it will be within the mod folder).

Once you've created and saved the botroute, you need to insert the botroute file into the pk3 file that the map is in. Most people use this program to accomplish this. It is important that you insert the botroute file into the botroute folder within the pk3 file. Also make sure that the botroute file has the same name as the map it is intended for.

This should hopefully work for ya. Good luck! :)

Archived