Home

MI 5 idea..

gavinpape

Idea for Monkey Island 5..

LeChuck decides it's time to get rid of Guybrush Threepwood for good this time and marry the love of his life, Elaine Marley..

Similar to CMI where he has to find a cure for the golden statue curse..

LeChuck put's a curse on Eliane which makes her fall in Love with him.. Guybrush has to find the cure for the curse before the "big wedding day"

Big ending..

She's just about to say "i DO" and guybrush burst through the door and saves the day.. curing Elaine... LeChuck isn't furious but heartbroken which finally kills him off for good.

we could call it.. hmmm

The Bride Of Monkey Island

OR

The Groom Of Monkey Island

what do you think?

that ending would be kind of weird. being heartbroken kills lechuck? i don't think he's really supposed to have a heart anyway. it'd be too mushy and moral-of-the-story-ish, the moral being that "everybody has love inside them"or "even evil people have feelings too". like preschool or kindergarten.

Originally posted by Suuri Yksl

that ending would be kind of weird. being heartbroken kills lechuck? i don't think he's really supposed to have a heart anyway.

Good point. I dont think anything'll kill Lechuck but poor financial returns on a Monkey Island game.

i think that if lechuck would go through all of this for a girl, he must have sokme heart somwhere, only his head isn't as smart so he goes towards eveil in order to get the girl. but don't talk about that here, i'm going to start a thread in the mi disscussion forum

Monkey Island 5 should, in best Lucas tradition, be Monkey Island 1, except "Digitally Remastered Special Edition"

The first and easiest would have MI as you rememeber it, with all the puzzles and jokes intact except it should have pretty new (preferably CMI style) graphics. a Mega Monkey mode would have extra puzzles, like Mega Monkey in CMI. However, it could have new extended scenes and certain scenes could have new twists, maybe.

i really don't think it would fit in CMI style graphics. CMI was in the true style of monkey island, but each game is uniqu and that's what i like about them. i actually quite like the basic graphics of SOMI, with a very low resolution, they managed a sort of shading giving it a human and almost real feel to it (which is right for a pirate adventure). but then again if we look at pacos comic on worldofmi, i think we can see that it could work very well.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the look of the original two MI games. The expression on the characters was amazing given how few pixels they had, particuarly in MI 2. (A particular animation springs to mind, where Guybrush picks an object up and sticks it in his coat, looks around furtively, and realising he's got away wit, gives a colossal cheesy grin) I just think that, *so far*, CMI's graphic style has best represented the slightly kooky "world o' carribean pirates" feel that is Monkey Island. By comparison, the best you could say about the graphics in EMI was that they don't really get in the way, most of the time.

If there's anything REALLY wrong with CMI's style, it's the Guybrush is too tall, lanky and thin, compared to his short and stocky incarnations in the first two games.

If there's anything REALLY wrong with CMI's style, it's the Guybrush is too tall, lanky and thin, compared to his short and stocky incarnations in the first two games.

Maybe Guybrush had a bit of a late growth spurt? :lol:

Or maybe the makers had to make him small and stocky to make the game look right? :confused: Perhaps they show him as a small and stocky boy in the first two games instead of a lanky and skinny teen/adult in the second two?:confused::confused: I don't know... :confused::confused::confused:

Archived