Home

JO SP cutscenes

FoolsParadise

Good idea lassev, but yes I'm using the pan command in the following syntax- in fact, here's the whole script:

-------------

//Generated by BehavEd

rem ( "comment" );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ ENABLE );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ MOVE, $tag( "cam1", ORIGIN)$, 0 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ PAN, $tag( "cam1", ORIGIN)$, < 0.000 0.000 0.000 >, 0 );

wait ( 4000.000 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ MOVE, $tag( "cam2", ORIGIN)$, 0 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ PAN, $tag( "cam2", ORIGIN)$, < 0.000 0.000 0.000 >, 0 );

wait ( 8000.000 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ MOVE, $tag( "cam3", ORIGIN)$, 0 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ PAN, $tag( "cam3", ORIGIN)$, < 0.000 0.000 0.000 >, 0 );

wait ( 8000.000 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ DISABLE );

-----------

It's very basic- I'm just trying to get the fundamentals working and have hit a snag with the camera angles bit.

I've tried rotating the ref_tag and the info_null to no avail. I've also tried info_notnull.

In fact, it doesn't seem to matter where I position my info_nulls, the view is always upside down straight ahead at 45 degrees. They are linked by Ctrl-K, but the engine just isnt obeying any attempt of mine to point the camera. Gah.

The script does, however, find cams 1, 2, and 3 and move between them.

Just a guess, but what I think has happened here is you've placed one camera entity, accidenlty flipped it upside down and copied and pasted it for the other two cameras. Try deleting all your cameras and placing new ones.

I can verify that there is nothing wrong with your script.

Readme cred to Leslie- many thanks. Using the angles command did it. Truly bizarre though- every tutorial and cutscene I've looked at uses the origin tag but hey- it works so I'm not complaining. Thanks also to Ant for his contribution- you've already got readme cred for cutscene_test anyway, mate. :)

I might play around with changing the origin values on the ref tags later and discover what the difference actually is. There must be a solution.

Now onto changing Kyle into Desann (or Tavion...whatever that chick Jedi Kyle fights is) for SP and reskinning her. If thats even possible.

Archived